Huffing Boing Boing

There are a lot of Shanghai Disneyland genres I normally avoid, and a diverse character drone could possibly change my mind!

If you have to ask, you’re too happy.

Gotta hand it to the police for this one:

Gotta hand it to the CIA for this one:

There are a lot of CIA genres I normally avoid, and a diverse character Director John Brennan could possibly change my mind!

3 Likes

Just when you thought racism couldn’t get any worse…

3 Likes

TOS, plz:

You never know what the boffins at Yahoo will come up with next!

NOT

It’s all about ethics in… wait, DA FUQ?

There was no other way to fit them in the overhead compartment.

Because there’s going be be fucking more of them.

2 Likes

The Womanizer suggests you intoxicate your lady friends for Christmas

6 Likes

Bloomingdales: amazing new kind of orgasm-inducing sex-toy with a dumb name

4 Likes

100 useful tips from baby Cthulhu

10 Likes

3 Likes

Their business case will blow your mind.

Hasn’t that been obvious for years?

Take out the middleman and PROFIT!

Is it available as a rental?

HAWT

1 Like

BUT WE TRUSTED YOU, GARLIC!

If it will help my memory, I’ll ban anything.

::blink blink::

Well, at least Marceu won’t be talking on Fox News anymore.

Surprisingly, this is not the largest installation the Venice Biennale has seen.

Ralph Peters is a candy-apply hookah!

2 Likes

Drug price-hiker Matrin Shkreli With a Gun

NB: not bots were involved with the huffing of this Boing

5 Likes

1 Like

AND THEN YOU GO AND LIKE ONLY THE BOT-PRODUCED ENTRY!!!

fine im going home

3 Likes

Seems perfectly in line with the site :grin:

7 Likes

Is this the first time somebody not-me has posted a bot post? I’m so proud!

8 Likes

Here’s another good’n… First I was like HA! Then I was like “I feel like throwing up.”

3 Likes

There is a large contingent of botteurs who would argue that bots should never meddle with such stuff. I’m on the fence.

1 Like

It’s just a stupid robot. Its brain is just text a human decided would construct simultaneously cromulent and comedically worthy sentences. It hasn’t the ability to understand the death of a loved one. It doesn’t understand the vagaries of a life. It’s just a set of rules acting on a dataset. I don’t blame the bot for its ignorance, and no human programmer could predict all the ways such a piece of software might impact the lives of its observers. The world is chaotic, and disinterested.

This bot is intentionally a bulwark against the bottomless despair of knowing the truth in this universe. That everything is finite. That the comforts of love and acceptance are at best temporary. And that all those we love will some day be gone from us. So it must be insensitive. So that we may laugh instead of cry.

2 Likes

That’s arguable. We, as programmers or non-, can certainly envision bots that coldly calculate equations dealing with death destruction, images of swastikas, explosions, executions, &c. If we have a news-manipulating bot, should we keep the bot from manipulating these images? Should we bar it from using certain words that may show up organically, but in awkward contexts (n1**er1 or gay or whatever)?

I’ve used the wordfilter module on a few bots, I’ve also whitelisted some of the words.

See also: transphobic-joke-detection

Obviously, some people think about these things more than I do. I am ambivalent.

1 Like

WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE &c

The world’s smallest violin has a competitor:

seasons is so logical it’s PROGRAMMER LOGICAL

Turing-complete raccoon is SUPER PROGRAMMER LOGICAL

2 Likes