Huffing Boing Boing

over a decade’s worth of obsessive fruit-preparation technique

2 Likes

Canada now on eBay after grant is cut

1 Like

Video of Ferguson police street gangs

2 Likes

Here’s all the stuff the Pentagon has sold to Monopolists! - cheap!

Bieber recycled into furniture

1 Like

Tongue, an oral history of the strongest muscle in the body

Congress “apologizes”

The worst CNN anchor in the history of humankind

Edit: Sorry, Wolf.

Gene Simmons, disgusted at taste of human, kicks it in the face

I assume that he fauxpologized afterwards…

4 Likes

Copyright extortion startup wants to use water cannons

1 Like

Weds 8/20
Free snake with “Hideous Lantern Jaw”

I like this new “with illustration” trend…

We’re going to have to get back on track with the “game” part of this. Anyone have any more thoughts on that?

I’m a picture person, so when given the option to include a silly picture, I do so. :smile:

How about people post their headlines with the day above, like this:

Wed 8/20

You only get to post one “entry” per day. Non-entry post like this:

Wed 8/20: no votes!

Vote close 9AM EST as discussed before. Then you, or anyone, has time to post a winner. Those winners can be posted in one thread (called “Huffing BB Winner List”) using date lines, like this:

Tues 8/19:
Wed 8/20: @waetherman
Thurs 8/21:

Does that make it easier?

That would make things a little easier. I still like the idea of polls/voting if we can find a way to embed that. I’m going to do some research… it’s better than working!

1 Like

Canadian Government Orders Scientists Not to Disclose it is OK to Pee in the Ocean

2 Likes

I agree - I think this way, for now, it’ll keep things to two threads - which I don’t see how to do with polls. They require a head. Also, as long as it’s a running thread with only that content, anyone can post the winner if they check and see it isn’t done yet. That’ll keep it out of strictly your hands.

Want to give it a try?

Crowdfunding a print edition of Cats and watermelons magazine

2 Likes

The only problem I see with doing the voting with “likes” is we inevitably get people who aren’t playing running down the thread and liking entries with no regard for how many likes they’ve given on a specific day’s entries or whether or not voting is closed.

The problem with polling as we tried it was the person who opened the poll was the only one who could close it.

There doesn’t seem to be an ideal way to do voting within the constructs provided by “Discourse”.

8/20

Comcast on what it’s like to be hard-sell-shamed by the entire world

3 Likes

Leaked Comcast employee manual reveals “I will fucking kill you!”

1 Like