Humble Game Making Bundle: name your price for amazing game dev tools

[Read the post]

1 Like

A limited-time subscription to Stencyl, and a coupon for a discount on RPG-Maker doesnā€™t sound terribly ā€˜amazingā€™ to me, especially when Twine and Game Maker exist and are freeā€¦

1 Like

It has what looks like the most recent version of RPG Maker in it. The coupons are for older versions. There are some other interesting tools available in this bundle too - donā€™t just rely on the portion in the articleā€™s screenshot.

Actually, having Spriter in there at the $12 tier is a pretty good deal for a fairly robust tool (esp. for hobbyists who donā€™t have access to tools like Flash or After Effects). That alone could be worth it. (Though, as far as I know, thereā€™s no API for importing Spriter animations to either of the game dev tools included in the bundleā€¦)

Sprite Lamp also seems like a pretty nice tool, though itā€™ll definitely take some work to figure out how to use it properly.

My only real issue with this one is that itā€™s a little difficult to work out what the ā€œDLCā€ packs are for or what you can do with them. The way theyā€™re listed at first made me think they were for the two tools in the ā€œGame Dev Starter Packā€, but it looks like theyā€™re actually content thatā€™s usable in any engine that can handle them. It would be nice to be able to see the license terms on them ahead of time.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.