Hundreds of flights cancelled due to Covid illness immediately after airlines cancelled mask policy

Like everything corporate these days, that’s complicated. Easyjet plc is still FTSE listed and has its headquarters in Luton.

There are then various subsidiaries based in various places – including Switzerland.

And in usual corporate style while they insist on strict separation of legal entities when it suits them, they pretend to the customer that they are all the same thing.

Quite how/why CBS stated that it’s Swiss-based, I don’t know.

easyJet has of course taken the expected step of ensuring they have an EU air operators certificate by setting up an airline in Austria.

2 Likes

But thats what keeps them in the sky already, there isn’t enough to go around!!

12 Likes

color me

8 Likes

I got sick almost every time I’d flown, during the years BC (before covid). If anyone on the flight sneezed, mom and I would have colds w/in a coupla days.

They claim they’ve much improved the ventilating systems, but I am V skeptical.

9 Likes

I just don’t get it. I can’t speak for planes but when customers were “required” to wear masks in UK shops it was never (or very rarely) enforced. What’s the point in telling people they don’t have to wear one? I can only assume it’s to appease those who shout loudest about their freedums.

And now cases are through the roof, hospitals are reaching breaking point and everyone’s acting like Covid’s over, despite everyone they know catching it.

Sometimes I fucking despair.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s BS.

More airplane industry voodoo. Much like the TSA.

3 Likes

Then they act surprised, for some reason.

That’s not despair.
It’s the loss of innocence… you are finding out that, yes, people generally are that fucking stupid, despite your best efforts to believe otherwise over the years.

After a year or two of doing Tech Support, I felt the same way, & I did t.s. for ten years…

You can also toss in a measure or two of Laziness & Apathy into the mix as well, & there ya go.
Homo fuckin Sapiens.

Thank the gods for beer.

4 Likes

Time to stock up for the next wave…
Announces Last Call GIF

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.