Hungary: Conservative anti-gay politician busted while trying to escape all-male orgy with backpack of drugs

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/01/hungary-conservative-anti-gay-politician-busted-while-trying-to-escape-all-male-orgy-with-backpack-of-drugs.html

3 Likes

Is it just me, are most of these types of stories involving mostly conservative types, or is it just that we tend to highlight them more often as pure hypocrisy ?

10 Likes

If you don’t think being gay is something you need to hide then you are less likely to resort to sex clubs and hookers to get your rocks off. So the progressive LGBT folks are more likely to end up in stable monogamous relationships, like Pete Buttigieg, while the conservative LGBT folks are more likely to get caught doing drugs with gay prostitutes, like Ted Haggard.

37 Likes

I dunno, SF was packed with sex clubs while I was there, and hookers and meth are not exactly unheard of in the straight community.

I don’t know about Hungary, but there’s a definite over-representation of viciously anti-gay politicians who are themselves gay in the US, although that may be ending with what I perceive as a weakening in the community’s commitment to protecting the privacy of people who are supporting attacks against LBGTQ people.

Sociopaths gonna sociopath I guess.

8 Likes

I hope Lady G in DC sees this story and is reminded that the clock is ticking for him now that his master is on the way out.

They’re news because of the hypocrisy. “Proud Progressive Gay Man Champions LGBTQ Rights” isn’t much of a headline compared to the one above.

Although these stories of anti-gay conservatives getting caught in situations like this are getting so predictable that they don’t seem all that novel anymore.

21 Likes

I’d be curious if any Hungary passport stamps are present in the pages of Lady G’s passport.

5 Likes

Yeah but if you don’t have to hide your sexuality then you at least have the possibility of finding sexual and emotional fulfillment via a monogamous long-term relationship.

If you’ve built an entire public image on hatin’ the gays then secret trysts are the only options available.

12 Likes

Not just that, but “Szajer… climbed out a first-floor window and was spotted ‘fleeing along the gutter’…” I like to think he was naked at the time.

9 Likes

József Szájer isn’t just an anti-LGBT politician. He single-handedly wrote the current constitution, which defines marriage as the union of a man and a woman and enshrines the heterosexual family as the foundation of Hungarian society and the “survival of the nation”.

Thread:

26 Likes

What a blow up, making a big deal over consenting adults sharing a little coke, a little cock, and a little coronavirus.

2 Likes

The sex party was in Belgium.

4 Likes

puttin’ the “hung” in Hungarian, amirite?

sorry. I’ll show my drunk ass out now…
where’s the window?

11 Likes

I was going to go with “Anti-gay politician in Hungary actually incredibly Thirsty”

9 Likes

Meanwhile Szájer’s wife has been helping to strengthen the government’s control over the judicial system.

8 Likes

It starts in Budapest.

Sorry bit of a reach.

1 Like
17 Likes

He was probably just doing research anyway.

1 Like

It sure seems like the more virulently anti-gay a particular politician/pastor/public figure is, the deeper they are in the closet.
It would be amusing, except for the lives they manage to ruin while spewing their bile.

10 Likes

Followed by a little auto-defenestration.

4 Likes

You know it was a good party when the guests claim diplomatic immunity.

14 Likes