Women claim to have attended parties with cocaine, ecstasy, and Matt Gaetz

Originally published at: Women claim to have attended parties with cocaine, ecstasy, and Matt Gaetz | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I’m sure everyone here is shocked at this latest revelation.

One of them described him as behaving like a “frat type of party boy” at the soirees

Gaetz must be a time traveller, because I swear he made an appearance as this character in every single 1980s college sex comedy.

44 Likes

Are we no longer recreational sex/recreational chemistry-positive around here? So long as everyone involved were consenting adults at the time, nobody got hurt, etc, who cares?

5 Likes

Congress person + “followed by digital payments being wired to them the morning after.”

34 Likes

Especially congresspeople who are proving themselves to be gigantic hypocrites.

33 Likes

There’s the ticket.

35 Likes

Republican, a 10 letter word that means hypocrite.

16 Likes

I just find it increasingly hard to get outraged over ‘congresscritter proves once again they are a human, with flaws, etc’. The ‘hypocrite’ thing bothers me, but lets use this as an opportunity to say “Look, congresscritter, you should really support legislation that legalizes these perfectly normal, natural urges - after all, you yourself enjoy the company of women of negotiable affection, topped with a little sunshine in a baggie, etc. Lets legalize, regulate, and tax it so everyone in these transactions wins because of X, Y, Z…”

Edit: and by the by, if I’m missing something here about how those involved aren’t consenting, or aren’t adults, please do say so and I will cheerfully shift my position on the matter.

5 Likes

He possibly transported minors across state lines to pay them for sex. That’s not a weird quirk, it’s a crime and I’m guessing he used this position as a legislator in FL and then in the US congress to get away with it.

jack black wtf GIF

Minors were involved. So how about FUCK NO.

49 Likes

What part of sex trafficking is unclear?

28 Likes

Thanks for that clarification - I interpreted the part of the article that said “Both of the women partially defended Gaetz, telling CNN that they never saw anyone at the parties who appeared to be underage” to mean “the women themselves were of-age”. If this isn’t the case, then by all means, nail this guy to the wall.

3 Likes

Women who were paid by him once said…

Smells funny from here.

11 Likes

Even if there was no accusations like that, it’s still not a “weird quirk” to act like a college frat boy when one is in a position of power. He’s clearly only there to profit himself and not to serve his constituents. He needs to grow the fuck up or get the fuck out of politics. This person is manifestly unfit for office because of his very clear lack of judgement. One doesn’t have to be an alter boy, but one sure as shit should not be acting like they have no responsibilities when they’re meant to be serving the public.

27 Likes

When there’s power and/or minors involved, there is no such thing as meaningful consent.

20 Likes

The idea that this or any congressperson breaking drug and sex laws in private as somehow a glorious demonstration in support of deregulation is certainly interesting, yet not worth pursing further.

32 Likes

Especially when, for some strange reason, such law-breaking by politicians of colour is never painted in quite the same heroic hues by “moderate centrists” and Reason magazine libertarians.

33 Likes

…which they say were typically packed with Republican officials.

I’ve always thought this is a big reason Republican politicians persist in such awful ideology, often not even believing or following it themselves. Access to drug & sex backyard pool parties are likely only a line item on the list of high life perks open to those who suffix their name with a letter and a state, which they lose without the office.

12 Likes

17 Likes

Gaetz and Greenberg’s get a place together…

4 Likes

If Matt Gaetz wants to come forward as a public supporter of legalized prostitution and recreational drug use then I would welcome his honesty if not his behavior.

I’d also ask him to clarify his stance on child sex trafficking but I think his voting record has already made that clear.

Seriously, fuck that guy. (But not literally because ew.)

38 Likes