Rep. Matt Gaetz, being investigated for sex with 17-year-old girl, is getting what he wished for

Originally published at: Rep. Matt Gaetz, being investigated for sex with 17-year-old girl, is getting what he wished for | Boing Boing

6 Likes

@Carla_Sinclair Co-Boing?

12 Likes

Good.

35 Likes

In a very weird interview with Tucker Carlson he alluded cryptically to introducing Carlson to an unnamed person and said Carlson would remember “her”. I thought maybe it was a veiled threat, or maybe I am just grasping at any chance of an end to Carlson’s career…

20 Likes

“It is verifiably false that I have traveled with a 17-year-old woman,” he said.

Now I really don’t believe you.

17 Likes

Regarding the reply to Musk’s tweet: “Elongate” has a pun in it. Where is the pun in “Gaetzgate” ? I don’t gaetz it.

12 Likes

What he’s saying here is that a 17-year-old is legally a child.

18 Likes

How many politicians have put up a young man or lady in a shitty hotel - only to claim the youth was wayward and they were just trying to help them out…

The kindness and generosity in these folks and yet we want to burn them at the stake?

They’ve provided vast sums to the parents (for house improvements)… even going so far as to help the youth detox by securing them with unadulterated narcotics and monitoring their intake.

Worst of all are the allegations of nefarious motives… goddamit these are Christian men with families.

24 Likes

You may not get it, but I’m sure Matt gets it.

7 Likes

14 Likes

I thought maybe it was a veiled threat

I saw it more as the desperate “ya gotta help me!” plea of a guy that knows he’s fucked.

9 Likes

Maybe he thinks it’s funny because his name is a homonym for the plural of 'gate"?

Not to give him or any other Republicans too much any credit in the humor department.

12 Likes

sounds like “gate’s gate” which is less pun and more like babytalk wordplay but still . . .

i see milliefink was here first with that:

6 Likes

This is fitting even if it is false. In the Qanon world, failure to worship Donald Trump is evidence enough that you are a pedophile and automatically guilty of unspeakable crimes against children. Real child protection organizations now have to filter calls for nutcases making blanket accusations.

11 Likes

Also this is the hairsplittiest hairsplit I have ever seen in the history of dodgy denials. He very specifically denies traveling with the girl. And nothing else.

13 Likes

Especially dodgy since that wasn’t the accusation anyway. The accusation was that he paid for her to travel, across state lines, to him.

16 Likes

Looked to me in those Fucker Tarlson clips like he was reading a prepared statement from a teleprompter.

15 Likes

Goatze-gate?

7 Likes

disapprove my life GIF

15 Likes

Aaah, makes sense, thanks!

I can never remember whether his name is supposed to be pronounced “gehts” or “gah-etz”.

2 Likes