No charges recommended for teen sex suspect Matt Gaetz

Originally published at: No charges recommended for teen sex suspect Matt Gaetz | Boing Boing

8 Likes

To recap: Gaetz pal Joel Greenberg gets a nice plea deal on sex trafficking and fraud charges for becoming a witness against Gaetz, but Gaetz walks because Joel Greenberg is a convicted sex trafficker and fraudster and therefore an unreliable witness.

To be fair, though, Gaetz seems to have mastered the Trump playbook: walk away scot-free while your friends and colleagues go to jail on your behalf.

38 Likes

Talking The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

Proper Mafia style stuff, except usually the mob would reward you for taking one for the team.

19 Likes

31 Likes

un fucking believable

28 Likes

Completely unsurprising.

4 Likes

Ahhhh the two tier justice system in America. Ain’t it swell?

One for those that have and one for those that don’t.

22 Likes

I see a trend here.

13 Likes

This reminds me of how John Gotti evaded a racketeering conviction in 1992 because most of the government’s witnesses against him were involved in organized crime (and thus “non-credible”).

ETA: It bears repeating that Even Matt Gaetz thought there was sufficient evidence for prosecutors to charge him with sex crimes, that’s why he asked for a preemptive pardon.

33 Likes

I was hoping the reason he was not being charged was that he was cooperating with larger investigations. Looks more like he’s just a well connected scumbag.

6 Likes

This is nothing ore than a trial balloon. The WP cites “sources” i.e. a GOP staffer hoping to get out ahead of the game. The DOJ has Venmo receipts, Greenebrg’s 2 year cooperation, etc.

8 Likes

I’d like to remind everyone that when you elect me president, I solemnly promise to make sure that Gaetz is buried in a shoebox, along with most of his fascist pals.

5 Likes

Tumblr_l_151861339243739

10 Likes

Also, these “career prosecutors” aren’t renowned for leaking like this. Something stinks here.

4 Likes

coach carr step away from the underage girls GIF

6 Likes

Michelle Tanner Wow GIF by Bubble Punk

Good thing it’s Friday night…

More Wine GIF

10 Likes

Jeebus, I know… even if Gaetz weren’t a neo-Nazi pedophile, which he totally is, he’s such a creep he really deserves jail time just for that. I’m hoping someone ignores these recommendations…

3 Likes

alison brie weed GIF

4 Likes

Dear headline: It’s called rape, not sex.

9 Likes

Getting away with it because your associates are too untrustworthy to take the stand is the Trumpiest thing ever.

2 Likes