Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz investigated over relationship with 17 year old girl

Originally published at: Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz investigated over relationship with 17 year old girl | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Gross gross gross. How can this story get any grosser?

Blech!

29 Likes

20 Likes

I wish people would stop writing “sexual relationship.” It’s not a “relationship.” He was in his 30s, she was 17. That makes it rape. Call it what it is, even if it’s “allegedly raped.”

38 Likes

We get it already, Q-publicans. It’s all projection!

I’ll just assume that a pizza place (with a basement that doesn’t exist) was involved in this story.

25 Likes

So now the narrative has gone from “Gaetz was bangin’ underage Nestor” to “Gaetz was bangin’ Nestor’s underage sister, and Nestor’s been installed as a diversion?”

Huh.

Wake me up when someone goes to prison.

15 Likes

The investigation was kicked off under Bill Barr. I wonder how much Barr kept Trump in that loop with useful kompromat?

15 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if he were to go away. This just
isn’t the way I wanted it to go. Terrible that a minor is involved and hurt in any way but this. And whatever relationship he has with a boy he can prop up as his “black son” to “prove” he isn’t racist.

2 Likes

The Times sez,

Mr. Gaetz called the investigation part of an elaborate scheme involving “false sex allegations” to extort him and his family for $25 million that began this month. He said he and his father, Don Gaetz, had been cooperating with the F.B.I. and “wearing a wire” after they were approached by people saying they could make the investigation “go away.”

Oh dear, Matt, don’t you realize that getting caught wearing a wire means that now you’re going to “go away”?

(Unless I misunderstood that documentary called “The Sopranos.”)

14 Likes

19 Likes

And this may not in fact be true anyway.

14 Likes

I don’t think it says that, unless you’re saying you need to re between the lines. The story only introduces him having dates the sister to explain how he met the brother, in a graph that’s about the brother.

3 Likes

Maybe HE should NOT have raped a 17 year old. WE have nothing to do with him being a disgusting creep. If this is true, he needs jail time for this.

18 Likes

Earlier today there was speculation online that Gaetzwad* was stepping down to take a job as a talking (giant) head. The truth may be more complicated.

ETA, the story broke here:

First, it’s not “sexual relations.” IT. IS. RAPE. The age of consent in Florida is 18. The child can be 16 or 17 if the other person is 23 or younger. Gaetzwad would have been 36 or 37. It’s rape.

I hope the child in OK.

I hope Gaetzwad burns.

• I fumble-fingered “Gaetz was” on my iPad. Honestly, I like Gaetzwad much better. I hope it gains traction.
37 Likes

Finally, some good old fashioned karma right up the asshole.

31 Likes

I’m on-board.
I detest that FIVEhead* mf’r!

*I know it is frowned upon to call out a person’s appearance, I don’t know if it is an unfortunate receding hairline, some skeletal issue beyond his control…
but this motherfucker has got a ginormous forehead that I cannot look away from!

10 Likes

I hope both he and Jim Jordon go down in flames sooner than later.

Deviant motherfkrs.

14 Likes

Probably will get defended by the Dershbag.

10 Likes

Every time a republican makes an accusation, it is an admission of guilt.

26 Likes

Only took 5 days for it to age like milk.

16 Likes