Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz investigated over relationship with 17 year old girl

35 Likes

Be glad you’re not this guy:

40 Likes

Jesus Christ did that guy just tweet that he paid to fly an underage girl across state lines for sex??

40 Likes

Kinda looks like it, yes.

21 Likes

Oh dear, he’s still trying to just barrel down and tweet through it. And it’s calling more attention to some of his older tweets.

27 Likes

isn’t this the same representative Gaetz that kidnapped “adopted” a twelve year old boy after dating and blackmailing breaking up with a young woman whose mother had just died?

15 Likes

At this rate, Walmart will cancel his parking lot sleeping privileges.

Still, if the Oompa-Loompas are hiring, he’s got a chance.

13 Likes

I can’t not read as Gaetzwald.

6 Likes

Those guys tend to turn a blind eye to child endangerment as part of the job.

20 Likes

(with apologies for crossposting…)

32 Likes

Yep. The Root has been all over that story, because he keeps using this “son” to prove he’s not a racist:

30 Likes

Matt Foley could have pulled it off: “I am 35 years old, I am thrice divorced, my dad has been wearing a wire, and I live in a van down by the river!”

15 Likes

Gaetz on Tucker, and Tucker doesn’t look angry-confused, he looks blank.

Drowning Gaetz tries to pull Tucker down with him. Tucker isn’t having it, and it looks like his cheeks and nose flush. (Presumably in angry rather than shame.)

I don’t think Gaetz will be getting much Fox-time in the near future.

By saying that he didn’t travel with her, he might as well have signed a confession. It’s true but that word is a lame deflection from the question of paying for an under-age 17-year to travel across state-lines for purposes of fornication.

30 Likes

Yeah if anything he’d be in less hot water if he HAD been the one to travel rather than arranging to have her brought across state lines to hook up with him.

18 Likes

New defense: “My client can’t guilty of violating the Mann Act, because no reasonable person would mistake him for a real man.”

28 Likes

@beschizza This post could be folded into your new one.

5 Likes

Best tweet I’ve seen lately (though it predates the current hullabaloo):

Tucker's face is permanently frozen in that "chihuahua puzzled by own fart" form.

— Comfortably Numb (@YGalanter) March 23, 2021
16 Likes

Don’t get me wrong. The reason I didn’t want it to go down this way was because someone was harmed. If the allegations prove to be true (and they seem to be true), he’s absolutely a disgusting person who deserves what’s coming to him. Again, I want him gone, but I wish it didn’t involve his taking advantage of a young person.

6 Likes

Right, but WE had nothing to do with that. HE did. So saying “let’s” as in the rest of us makes no sense.

14 Likes

The Republican Party today is best understood not as a political party but a religious (death) cult. It stands to reason disciples of the Savior of the Honkies(*) would emulate their Messiah.

(*) with apologies to Barrett Brown for stealing the delightful if slightly racist phrase: Stop Sending Me Jonathan Franzen Novels - The Intercept

9 Likes