Kevin McCarthy angrily insists Congressman Matt Gaetz "slept with a 17-year-old" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/10/kevin-mccarthy-angrily-insists-congressman-matt-gaetz-slept-with-a-17-year-old-video.html

5 Likes

seth meyers ok GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

12 Likes

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

17 Likes

I would very much love for these two dipshits to tear each other down and right out of public life…

15 Likes

The United States may be facing an era of political partisanship that hasn’t been seen since the Civil War, but sometimes I still get the sense that Republican politicians hate each other even more than they hate the Democrats.

19 Likes

Heretics are always treated worse than heathens.

22 Likes

5 Likes

Angry Liam Neeson GIF

7 Likes

So, let Gaetz sue him for libel & see how it turns out…

Pretty sure McCarthy is on safe ground in that regard, since it is doubtful Gaetz wants that kind of publicity, especially if he has his eyes on the Governorship of Florida.

It would be amusing if McCarthy garnished attention on another Florida resident, Tommy Tuberville.

7 Likes

It is weird that he is still carrying any water for them.

2 Likes

You mean for the GOP? They’re still better than the Democrats in his mind. Anyone who isn’t full on MAGA is the real enemy to be destroyed, after all.

7 Likes

Now - is Gaetz dumb enough to set lawyers on McCarthy?

I really hope so.

7 Likes

I submit that Gaetz is one of the reasons. Others include his craven capitulaton to the extreme wing of his already broken party, his inability to organize a picnic, and his in ability to convince anyone at all that he had any redeeming qualities as a Speaker.

5 Likes

The thing is that the MAGA wing that voted him out don’t give two shits about any of those other things. They care about their own power, and they care about appeasing dear leader. Gaetz is entirely self-interested, and would very much do what McCarthy said.

6 Likes

Probably not, he resigned a few months ago. My guess is while he is still a right wing goal, he will focus on his more personal vendettas.

3 Likes

It’s more than that, though, in part because the narcissism inherent in politicians in the MAGA movement means that even within the same sub-sect of the party, they often hate each other (e.g. MTG and Boebert) for trying to hog the same spotlight, etc. On top of which the party has become so partisan, so extreme, that it takes very little dissent* to become a heretic in the first place.
*The party line isn’t even fully defined at this point, so it seems like half of MAGA are coming up with their own notions of what it is supposed to be, which they aren’t necessarily sharing…

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.