Rep. Matt Gaetz, being investigated for sex with 17-year-old girl, is getting what he wished for

7 Likes

21 Likes

Always projection. Always. When in doubt, review. Always.

27 Likes

i wonder what the ratio of
{republicans who gave clinton shit about "what the meaning of is is/republicans who totally accept gaetz statement}
works out to? my guess would be between 1.0 and 1.1

14 Likes

Yeah, seems to me that he’s trying to sound like he’s denying violating the Mann Act by pretending it’s a lot more narrow than it actually is.

11 Likes

Perhaps the best description of Gaetz I’ve heard today is comparing him to Don Jr.-- a “fail son”-- since Gaetz is the son of a long time Florida politician, who may have pulled strings to get his son off the hook on some DUI charges years ago. He basically inherited his current job.

His strategy so far seems to be going full-on Q-conspiracy and talking about secret investigations and media bias. Supposedly Gaetz has also been considering leaving politics to join OANN as a full time commentator, which maybe implies he knew the jig was up.

For once, Tucker Carlson’s “confused face” may have been more than just an affectation.

13 Likes

More:

15 Likes

Was the girl actually a “girl friend” or was she a professional “girl friend”. Paying a young pro GF to travel would be a bit more dicey for him.

6 Likes

what a god damn fucking surprise.

well, not so much surprise

11 Likes

1 Like

It’s irrelevant if she’s 17. That’s human trafficking and rape. Full stop.

25 Likes

Will he have to get another mugshot, or can they just reuse his old one?

14 Likes

Yes. But fingers crossed that being convicted of human trafficking of a minor entails an even longer prison sentence.

17 Likes

I hope he goes up the creek for a long time.

15 Likes

I’m starting to think he’s digging himself a Jeffrey Epstein sized hole.

22 Likes

One can hope.

11 Likes

i thought it was a not-so-vailed blackmail threat and tucker mcnear swanson tucker seemed even more panicked than usual.

very much a non-denial denial.

one thing that is very much not being mentioned in the republcan propaganda organizations like fox and oann is that the investigation was started by the justice department of william barr.

18 Likes

This may be an indication of the nature of the specific charges he’s worried about. Crossing state lines could be what made this a federal matter.

4 Likes

[...] While the instinctive reaction to drowning is taking place, the victim will latch onto any nearby solid objects in attempts to get air, which can result in the drowning of a would-be rescuer as well as (or instead of) the original victim....

10 Likes

It’s obviously a false flag.

1 Like