Hydroxychloroquine doesn't work against COVID-19 and may cause heart problems, largest study of its kind shows

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/11/hydroxychloroquine-doesnt-wo.html

5 Likes

I dunno about this. It seems fishy. Who are you gonna believe, rigorous, scientific studies that have undergone peer review? Or a proven serial liar?

25 Likes

Trump’s problem is that he considers himself to be the most brilliant person in the country. When he knows more about medicine than medical professionals, we end up with idiotic things like Hydroxychloroquine being the preferred treatment for Covid-19.

3 Likes

Yet another medical study says hydroxychloroquine, the drug much hyped by Donald Drumpf, is not effective against COVID-19 and could also cause deadly heart problems.

Not only a clown, but a dangerous clown. The evidence keeps rolling in.

12 Likes

Well of course they don’t want you taking the miracle drug that our stable genius n-dimensional-chess-playing Supreme Leader recommended. They just want to make him look bad and deny you the ability to die patriotically for your country from massive heart damage instead of COVID. Those bastards.

8 Likes

Yeah, they’re probably trying to stop the elderly from being sacrificed for the good of Supreme Leader’s bank account the economy, too. How selfish can they be?

7 Likes

Darnit, seems legit. So if I want the taste of peaceful revolution while in care, can I nosh on Carolina Reapers while watching my lungs consider taking off down a clear or 3D printed tube, or should I stick to four-star spicy and/or 100mg CBD per star to keep the heart chaser out of it?

8 Likes

Utterly predictable: People smuggling in the stuff from overseas and selling it directly.

6 Likes

OT: The Belle Barth and the Air Jordan comment threads aren’t working. Anyone know who I report that to?

Well, he says that he is a genius and that he inherited the science thing from his uncle so maybe… Of course the evidence suggests it more likely that he inherited the KKK thing from his father and his genius from a cornered Queens rat.

4 Likes

And yet more time and money will be wasted studying this because Il Douche said it and it therefore must be proven true. He really did take a lesson from NK, didn’t he?

3 Likes

This has been happening with many new posts. The best way into new threads is through the bbs.

3 Likes

OT: So bypass the news post and come right here? How will I know what it was about?

There’s a link at the top that goes back to the FPP.

2 Likes

I’ll reverse what I posted last. That will work.

You can also @ either the author or @orenwolf when you come across cases where the story isn’t connected with teh BBS, and they’ll usually fix it.

It does not seem like there is a general bug report thread in meta, though, only one for the ignore feature? You can always start one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.