"I am Covid" man jailed after coughing on cop

I thought that appellation was reserved for Florida. Perhaps the UK has some analog for that?

1 Like

can-you-ever-forgive-kidding-me

Yeah… I mean NOTHING REALLY IMPORTANT happened since then…

6 Likes

I prefer the simple ‘fuckwit’.

3 Likes

At this point some of us might be forgiven for having a scintilla of suspicion that you’re just driving trollies.
Magna Carta FFS!?!?!? Yeah, they were big on mental health evaluations back then - probably that part was on a bit of parchment that got lost. 1215 to 1983 (date of the Mental Health Act) is 768 years. So which part of ‘this stuff’, exactly, reaches back over all those years?

1 Like

equal treatment under the law, right to a trial, right to petition, etc.

I have a friend in the US system. It’s a bit tricky to discuss the US versus the UK because each state does their own thing for the most part. In my friend’s case, he’s been detained without trial for 14 months now on a psyche evaluation. He’s been charged with a non-violent misdemeanor, but has yet to have any trial. It’s been difficult for us to contact him because of this extra-judicial detainment. He’s not a danger to others or himself, although he can be a tremendous asshole. Right now I suspect local governments lock up troublesome people, and hospitals like getting paid for holding prisoners on tranquilizers.

I’ve not personally experienced the UK system, but given my experience elsewhere my general trust in these mental health initiatives is very low. It’s a weakness in democratic principles when we add loop holes that are apparently easy for officials to exploit.

I can assure you it is not like the sort of US States’ practices you describe. Perhaps in future try keeping your parochial experiences separate from and out of your judgements about foreign countries’ justice systems. Especially when it comes to mental health cases.

Goodnight.

2 Likes

We each must evaluate from our own point of view and experiences, not imaginary experiences. Without shared experiences are you suggesting we are unable to communicate? I suspect that be true after posing a few simple questions and receiving abuse as my remuneratation.

P.S. ad hominen includes attacks on my personal inexperience in order to distract from the original argument. I do not believe you’ve acted in good faith in this discussion.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.