I bet someone gets a "science gang tattoo" after seeing this flash

Originally published at: I bet someone gets a "science gang tattoo" after seeing this flash | Boing Boing

5 Likes

He should sell them as temporary tattoos.

5 Likes

thank the ghost of Rosalind Franklin they got the handedness of the DNA correct (and not …)

2 Likes

What, no computer science? (Who am I kidding, it would just be a QR code or something)

4 Likes

On your back or chest:
<body>

On your neck:
<head>

On your forearm:
C++ Arm

One your hip, pointing down:
DirectionsLeg

Lots of choices here.

4 Likes

Hm. Something like Towers of Hanoi, a red/black tree, or a finite state machine diagram could be cool

Carl Zimmer did a book on science tattoos:

some examples:

1 Like

Neat, but to quote Groucho Marx, "I don’t want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member.

Sure, science gang members get these, then others who fancy science or like the cred get them, and pretty soon the liberal arts gangs will get tattoos and then there will be, and to quote Dr. Peter Venkman, “human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria.” ²

Sources: 1. Truncated quote found on WikiQuote for Groucho Marx, from Telegram to the Friar’s Club of Beverly Hills to which he belonged, as recounted in Groucho and Me (1959), p. 321: Quote with more context, “I sent the club a wire stating, ‘Please accept my resignation. I don’t want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member’”. 2.) Quote found via Google, but not in the script for Ghostbusters, film, 1984, verified via clip uploaded to youtube, by user GhostbustersOrg on 2012 03 16 . Edits: for sources, quotes, formatting, and content.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I like the cartoons (especially the one about the library training regime and the collective nouns for bookish types), but find the price a bit stiff.

Google search shows a number of geeks out there with HTML tats, especially the </head><body> gag on the back of the neck.

geek-html-tags-tattoos

4 Likes

The Westside Maths Banditos design should be a slide rule instead of a calculator for extra geek-cred

3 Likes

For Science Ninjas

Ok, not only is that pretty ugly even for a geek, but, seriously? “align=right” “align=center”? Does that actually work anywhere?

it actually works

right here

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.