Shoulder tattoo of wrong Mars rover

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/17/shoulder-tattoo-of-wrong-mars.html

5 Likes

They’re just rover-curious.

12 Likes

Surely curiosity leads to opportunity, no?

Alternately, perhaps the implication is that Curiosity will carry Oppy’s last words on.

9 Likes

If it’s not Homer Simpson, it’s probably a tattoo you can live with.

4 Likes

Curiosity will probably fail due to broken wheels. I suspect its last message will be “Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!”

20 Likes

Of course, I think it’s might be more scientifically rock’n’roll if you just commit to it as a mistake, but an intentional and glorious mistake…

33 Likes

Accuracy is important in both science and tattoos.

9 Likes

Also:

4 Likes

Nope. Accuracy is required for science since it’s everything that keeps us alive.

Tattoos are just drawings on skin done with a Sharpie. You got someone to colour you in by hurting you. Yay!

6 Likes

They just need to add some solar panel wings and it will be fine as an artistic interpretation.

2 Likes

I can’t tell the difference. I think it’s cool.

14 Likes

7 Likes

That’s the wrong Ringo, though.

(I’ve decided I’m going to start calling The Beatles, “The Ringos” from now on. It’ll be just like the Ramones: George Ringo, John Ringo, Paul Ringo, and Ringo Ringo.)

7 Likes

8 Likes

Haven’t we been here before? Never get a Martian tattoo unless you can speak Martian.

7 Likes

Tattoos of fractals take this to the next level;

7 Likes
  1. It’s a beautiful tattoo (of the wrong rover)
  2. The last words? :cry:
2 Likes

Yeah. I see nasa eggheads are designing new memory material wheels to deal with this problem for future missions. It’d be somewhat gutting to have your rover break down because of its wheels and not because of one of the many delicate bits of electronics failing.

3 Likes

I`m finally going to get a tattoo to express my unique personality, just like everybody else.

2 Likes

Great point. Even if the image was of the correct rover, what a strange choice for the message.