I can't wait for Tim Hunkin's "The Secret Life of Components" video series

Originally published at: I can't wait for Tim Hunkin's "The Secret Life of Components" video series | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Amazing! Is Rex making return too?

2 Likes

Rex passed in 2019.

Thanks for this post - I’ve just gone and downloaded all three series of SLOM. It’s like rediscovering a part of my childhood. It must have been on TV on weekends on SBS or ABC here in Aus and it was my favourite show as a kid. My wife watched the first ep and said that I make a bit more sense now…

2 Likes

Oh that’s crap. I’m sorry to hear that :worried:

1 Like

Even better news from the comments to that trailer:

tim hunkin

1 day ago

I’m amazed and delighted that so many people are interested in this! People are also going on to watch some of the old 'Secret life of Machines series so I’m pleased to announce that there are new remastered and upscaled HD versions which I will upload next week. Using machine learning software from Topaz labs Norman Margolus has done a brilliant job - they are a huge improvement.

I’m going to be suggesting these to some of my friends with kids. Even if we don’t much use things like fax machines and magnetic tape much these days, I think seeing how they work is still useful knowledge.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.