I could not finish 'Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League'

The cover art looks good. At least there’s that…

1 Like

That story is far better

3 Likes

This is World Watch One calling all Blue Blaze Irregulars in the Pacific Northwest:
we need to counter a smear campaign at Darkhorse, come on back.
Over.

2 Likes

I posted the first review on Amazon a few months ago. So you can’t say I didn’t warn you. It’s been swamped by obviously fake ones that are very short and written by people who have written almost no other reviews.

Yoyodyne still remembered fondly. But not in this book.

Monkey boy!

4 Likes

So it’s like Indiana Jones, where they never made anything else after the Last Crusade, they never made anything after The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eigth Dimension.

1 Like

Nah, you may read it and like it, or perhaps find it tolerable?

Art is in the eye of the beholder, though sometimes things do just stink out loud. :wink:

the rights-holders don’t play well with others

1 Like

Smith likely had not yet read this.

1 Like

Based on Reaper, I have faith that if Smith made a Buckaroo Banzai TV series, it would be good

but it might require excluding Earl Mac Rauch from the writers’ room

2 Likes

Again, with Mac Rauch as a right holder, the failure of this project to move forward now seems clear.

3 Likes

autocorrect i know, but please please tell me there’s a bollywood remake. i would pay money. :man_dancing:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a Bollywood version of the character.

I remember Reaper. I really enjoyed it.

On a related note – and granted, there are only so many ways of capturing the idea of “rock-and-roll kenshi” – this book cover borrows an awful lot from the imagery of Six-String Samurai.

6 Likes

I remember seeing the previews for that, but never saw it.

1 Like

A Bollywood remake of Temple with the racial dynamics upended would be fantastic.

2 Likes

No, no, no, don’t tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to.

2 Likes

i knew that looked familiar and couldn’t quite figure out why. nicely done!

it’s basically the mandalorian* but after the apocalypse instead of after the empire, if mando had a guitar, a socket wrench, and a face… and grogu had a few less powers.

it’s odd enough that maybe it’s not a film everyone would like, but ive seen a few times and think it’s great

(* every film maker loves kurasawa flicks i guess )

3 Likes
2 Likes

#$@! that’s on netflix, which i already have. now look what you’ve done. :wink:

1 Like

Also: Russkies. And the Red Elvises. And a Slash expy as Death.

3 Likes