I filmed my socially distant bike ride through the ghost town of downtown Boston

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/19/i-filmed-my-socially-distant-b.html

3 Likes

Nice coverage of the old city. I noticed the Marriott Long Wharf, where the Biogen conference hotspot flared. Stay safe.

1 Like

Might have been nice to actually see the empty streets and not just the tops of buildings?

I went out for a walk through Allston last night and it wasn’t nearly as deserted as I was expecting.

13 Likes

Go do it again, and do it right this time!

/s

3 Likes

Freedom ride. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

My part of Cambridge isn’t completely deserted, but it is a pretty small percentage of normal traffic. Also, we’re close enough to the airport to normally hear a fair number of airplanes (and many helicopters), and it’s been pretty quiet.

3 Likes

This video gave me covid-19

I have to agree with the previous commenters. The view of the streets is not good, it’s hard to tell that they are empty. Worse yet, the high speed effect gave me a headache and a queasy feeling after just a few seconds.

6 Likes

Just back from a bike-and-hike. Zero airplane traffic when there should have been several overflights. I like it.

With your radio on Thom?
You must be some kind of Roadrunner. How did you get through Boston so fast?

2 Likes

Nice look at the skyline. I didnt see anyone

1 Like

That’s the point I think @Monty_Hobratschk
I liked the music too.

@thomdunn was that you?
I stopped buying music in 2008.

That was my band playing in the background, yeah

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.