I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

Just wait. Next week Rob will be soliciting ideas for how to get an unexpected locomotive out of his basement.

21 Likes

The keys to it are in the safe…

20 Likes

“We should just drive it out of the basement!”

6 Likes

basement or dungeon? has anyone an idea about the size of Chateau Beschizza?

12 Likes

Guys… are we going to feel disappointed when @beschizza finally opens this thing. I sort of feel like we’ve built it up a good bit now. What if it’s empty or not full of any of the things we’ve imagined? What then?

17 Likes

don’t you want your dissertation back?

10 Likes

We can send him all manner of things in unmarked wrappers and he can seal it up for the next occupant.

26 Likes

this is excellent. I propose a ring with lots of old safe keys and a lock-picking set

15 Likes

What!?!? @beschizza, get that thing open! I can’t be dr. Mindysan33 without it!

Here I was thinking my hubby was putting it in OUR lock box, not Robs magic safe!

15 Likes

I’d guess it was probably emptied by whoever last used it. Maybe it has an ancient homeowner’s insurance policy, a barely legible list of insurance agents from 50 years ago, a faded list of old family doctors, some old faded personal legal docs., and a key to an unknown safety deposit box?

8 Likes

Ah, Schrodinger, Schrodinger… is there no end to your paradox?

8 Likes

An elaborate, antique key, with a note that says “this is the key to the other safe.”

25 Likes

Then it will have exactly what I imagine it has in it. Geraldo Rivera has helped insure that our expectations are very low. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That’s totally true. In a number of ways.

13 Likes

Could be worse, he could be John Stossel
:smiley:

6 Likes

My most hoped for outcome is that the door is opened to reveal a smaller safe inside it - the first sign that this is a Russian doll safe, with many, many layers.

12 Likes

10 Likes

The same thing we do every election cycle.

14 Likes

He could just leave us permanently in suspense…

13 Likes

15 Likes