I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

Man… I really want a coat that big and sturdy!

17 Likes

I was thinking it had to do with the coat hook, but the coats are nice too!

16 Likes

To be sure, I also envy the strength of the hooks!

15 Likes

I blame the decline of craftsmanship in homebuilding.

15 Likes

…just two guys hanging out.

20 Likes

This thread got necromanced. Is the safe locked again?!?

12 Likes

Can you imagine the cries of sheer agony across the board if the re-set combination fails to work?

12 Likes

If you lock an empty safe and lose the combination, does it become filled with Schrödinger’s doubloons again?

16 Likes

(nods) And a different carpet. :grin:

15 Likes

23 Likes

In fact, we really are heading into SCP Foundation territory here…

Every time the safe is closed, the combination randomises, once the new combination is found, and the safe opened, an artifact from a random location is found within, plus the floor of the safe is covered with a slice of whatever the object was resting on:

Gold coins on old carpet, then seaweed covered bullion on damp, mouldy linen - then skulls on a bed of moss, a limb on mortuary linoleum, and then occasional things like a sample of uranium on a thin layer of reactor casing (reports of sudden explosion in ex-soviet union). And the time we thought it was empty, save for an old carpet, [random nasty world ending microbes] were found in the stale air within.

Classification: Safe (ba-dum)

…whoa, sorry, what was I saying again? It all went blank for a minute.

16 Likes

So I’ve just discovered the REAL reason it took so long to find a safe cracker…apparently someone was too busy creating a new ginger imp to bother with pesky details like getting the house ready for said imp.

Congrats, Rob! May you keep your home and your family SAFE and wacky.

29 Likes

You don’t count using a Sawzall on the closet and putting a wheeled iron safe in the living room as imp-prep?

What sort of angelic-imps have you experienced?

Dank carpet is PERFECT for teething!

12 Likes

For the longest time I thought that baby was eating pizza.

11 Likes

That’s Sophie.

SQUEAK!

8 Likes

oop

13 Likes

Every baby in the western world seems to have one of those. Do hospitals give them out? Are they born along with the baby as a consequence of plastics in the environment?

8 Likes

No, they’re about $25 and made in France. The Big Three picked one out to give to the baby this year.

7 Likes

So thats why he was cutting out a room in the wall under the stairs, he needed a potter cubby.

7 Likes

Crust first, stupid baby!

6 Likes