I found the square root

[Read the post]

1 Like

What he did there: I sees it.

2 Likes

Do first principles apply here?

2 Likes

This here Grey Squirrel was photographed in a large London park.

It is a Kew brute.

8 Likes

You’ve uncovered a new branch of mathematics. But where’s the radicle?

5 Likes

It’s an approximate square root.

6 Likes

It’s an Apple square root; it has rounded corners.

9 Likes

That’s app-surd.

6 Likes

The square root of tree.

7 Likes

I have been reading about planters around trees, precisely because the frame around the tree in front of our house had pretty much fallen apart. A wee bit of googling suggests that you’re probably well advised to not confine your tree’s roots, and also that you should never heap soil around a tree - both sins that the previous owner indulged in, and now I’m trying to figure out what to do with this tree that won’t involve accidentally killing it or paying a professional arborist.

The forest is not for puns. It’s for deep philosophical questions, like whether bears poop there.

10 Likes

Or about the sound of trees falling!

3 Likes

I dunno about bears, but the Pope sure does.

6 Likes

I’ve heard that pie are squared, also.

2 Likes

Makes me think of http://www.earthporm.com/10-tree-roots-winning-battle-concrete/ .

12 Likes

Yes, and to be more exact, they’d have to use log rhythms.

11 Likes

Do you know where this is? It’s awesome.

That’s not something for us to decide. A forest exists on its own terms, and it moves in us what it will, rather than being fir one specific thing. It may pull you toward contemplation, and that’s okay, but it maple me toward wordplay instead, and that’s oaky too. I don’t think you can ash people to count one inspiration right and the other wrong, when olive it comes just as naturally; there are just times when you have to look past the trees and say pun, forest, pun.

Wait, no, that was all awful? All right, carry on then.

8 Likes

Don’t like it? Call the copse.

9 Likes

All too often, that just leads to pining like a sap for the answers to insoluble mysteries about bears.

1 Like