I found the worst K-Cup coffee

Why would one go to Starbucks for coffee in the Oman?

1 Like

You said you were looking for a light roast:wink:

2 Likes

I’m for freedom of choice, just like with abortion and marriage.

Don’t like bottled water? Don’t buy it.

Don’t like K-cups? Don’t buy 'em.

1 Like

Remember The Order of the Stick? (New strips are actually appearing with some frequency these days, I’m happy to say.) There’s a lovely bit in the “Start of Darkness” prequel book:

Redcloak: You… you actually like the taste of it??
Xykon: Hell no, it’s the most disgusting sludge I’ve put in my stomach in years. But you see, nothing really compares to a cup of truly awful coffee.
Right-Eye: Uh, how about a cup of really good coffee?
Xykon: Not the same thing at all. When you drink a cup of really good coffee, you try to immerse yourself in that cup. You focus all your senses on what you’re drinking. How it smells, how it tastes, how it feels on your tongue. You savor the experience. But when you drink a cup of absolutely horrid coffee, you do everything possible to NOT immerse yourself in it. You try to shut out your senses from what you’re drinking. Inevitably, you try to stave off the assault on your poor innocent tongue by mentally comparing it to all the better coffee you’ve had in your life, reliving each cup in comparison to the godforsaken sludge you’re pouring down your gullet right now. So when you drink a good cup of coffee, you’re only drinking that one cup… but when you drink a bad cup of coffee, you remember every good cup you ever drank. And at my advanced age, that’s a helluva lot of good coffee.

4 Likes

Like this, you mean?

2 Likes

You’re right, of course, but I think for the good stuff, someone would’ve had to invite me into their home (which didn’t pan out).

(EDIT: I know the 9th picture in that article depicts Omanis; I’m thinking the 8th one might, as well.)

But, yeah, that’s like how they do where my wife’s from (she hardly drinks coffee, herself – she holds out for the good stuff I guess).

3 Likes

But really Rob, tell us how you feel. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m a heathen, I use a $12 Mr. Coffee 12 cup drip machine to make iced tea by the gallon ever since the machine I have decided to start drooling the brewed tea over the counter instead of into the pot. (How? I take three of the quart sized iced tea bags, measure the water into the serving container, pour that into the coffee machine, and fill the serving container with ice as the machine’s brewing. seems to work ok, and the primary tea drinker in the house (who drinks iced tea by the gallon!) seemed to like it.)

On the topic of favorite medium roast K cup, mine is Keurig’s own Nantucket blend.

At the office we now use a coffee service that supposedly makes their own K-cups (Parks Coffee). Not a bad range of K cups for about 2/3rd the typical Keurig branded cost.

I also use an Aeropress, a Mr Coffee drip machine, and a Hario single cup ‘drip cone.’ I keep a Capresso burr grinder at work. So yeah, I know what good coffee tastes like. Sadly, I’ll still default to a K-cup frequently.

3 Likes

Sorry - so you pour recently brewed tea over ice? Doesn’t that just melt the ice?

Just shut up and drink it! Leave me alone! I am not done with mine! Stop TALKING!!! twitch twitch

2 Likes

So @beschizza loves coffee and owns a Keurig? Why would you subject yourself to bad things Rob?

You post good Rob. We all love you. You deserve nice things!

4 Likes

No one has mentioned the K-Cups whose packaging claims are "100% COMPOSTABLE!!!"
And then, in very small type: “Where facilities exist.”

I have not had the Target K-Cups, but if your survey hasn’t included the “Victor Allen” brand coffees from Big Lots, it is not comprehensive.

I realize I have made a mistake. The worst is NOT the Victor Allen at Big Lots. I was thinking of the generic coffee pods at Dollar Tree, which have the added feature of rupturing in a K-Cup maker.

2 Likes

I use one of these for iced tea. I found it at Marshalls one day. I works better with loose leaf than with bags. And doesn’t work well with most green teas (no control over brewing temperature, only time). But convenient since I make 1-2 pitchers /day.

@stanestane: Out of curiosity, hat’s wrong with medium roast coffee? I prefer lighter roasts myself, but still.

In other words, IT’S ALL the straw that breaks the camel’s back, from a certain point of view. If something is bad, don’t use it. Don’t try to rationalize how it’s an acceptable level of bad.

When I become the God-Emperor of the World I’ll outlaw anything but the darkest roast!

1 Like

Everything in the entire world is an “acceptable level of bad”.

If you take that logic to its extreme, you become a Jainist.

Occasional use of convenience items or trading convenience for quality is something we can all work with.

2 Likes

But but but light roasts have more caffeine, your majesty!

Alternate statement, not to be used in addressing God-Emperors: coffee bean ashes, then?

1 Like

“filter brewed for better taste”

Yeah, that’s pretty much how coffee works. It’s not exactly a selling point.

1 Like

Sidamo or nothing!

1 Like

On a long enough timeline, everything is compostable.

2 Likes