I had dinner at LA's OG Cannabis Cafe

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/10/i-had-dinner-at-las-og-canna.html

2 Likes

I’m much more impressed by the 4X+ margins on the food than I am by the casual weed use.

2 Likes

run your carb

i see what you did there

1 Like

when typos are fun

2 Likes

If you get your customers naked before they order, I image that helps.

Serious question; are you allowed to BYOB, in addition to whatever you will buy from the restaurant?

They have a ridiculous $30 corkage fee if you bring your own.

I like the gist of your typo there.

I don’t know if I want to go to a naked restaurant, though. Hot pot and BBQ seems like a bad situation for bare skin.

2 Likes

Autocorrect decided “naked” was more what I’d type than “baked”, and it did it again just there.

But they call it a “tokeage fee,” which makes it . . . no less ridiculous, but since I wasn’t paying it, I found it worth a chuckle.

1 Like

sounds fun, but i’m not convinced it beats a mission burrito in dolores park

1 Like

San Franciscans odd mass hallucination that San Francisco has good food was a mystery to me for 20 years. The burritos are certainly not special, but have a fantastical mythology around them akin to toast and fog worship.

1 Like

I enjoyed the place. I wouldn’t frequent it at those prices but it is certainly a tourist attraction and a fun time.

1 Like

your comment literally made me laugh out loud - i should have been mindful that much like korea, california has a strong north south rivalry :wink:

where i grew up we didn’t have much of a hispanic population (or the idea of focusing on important crimes) so the idea of not being summarily executed for having a picnic let alone a park where people *gasp* smoke cannabis in public was very freeing, and having had very little exposure to international food mission burritos were exotic, tasty, and most importantly to a student traveler: cheap.

maybe they were average, but hey, as they say: set and setting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Noted.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.