I played the Banana "game" so you don't have to

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/18/i-played-the-banana-game-so-you-dont-have-to.html

5 Likes

Just look at it!

13 Likes

“they are no stupider than NFTs.”

So pretty damn stupid.

12 Likes

I think it is pretty clearly a satire of the collectible-game-crap mechanic which eliminates the actual gameplay part to reveal the true underlying “game” (i.e. creating “value” via artificial scarcity).

8 Likes

And never click it!

(Clicking bananas! Pfft! What is the younger generation coming to?)

4 Likes

Contributed by Gail Sherman

1 Like

Look, if I want something that’s going to burn up my time and processor cycles, I’ll just snag a copy of Placid Plastic Duck Simulator.

2 Likes

Reminds me of a pre-bedtime convo years ago with my then-fivish year old son; I was proposing the Grab Your Big Toe game.

Him: how do you play?
Me: you grab your big toe.
How do you win?
If you grab your big toe.
How do you lose?
If you don’t grab your big toe.
– Pause –
That’s not much of a GAME!

5 Likes

kind of like cow clicker then

Unexpectedly to Bogost, Cow Clicker became a viral phenomenon, amassing over 50,000 players by September 2010.

2 Likes

Didn’t Dogecoin start as a satire of cryptocurrency until a bunch of cryptobros started taking it seriously and driving up the price for real?

3 Likes

Can you add some duct tape and call it art?

I can see the appeel! :rofl:

1 Like

As a matter of fact, Elon Skum was the aforementioned cryptobro. As if he wasn’t already responsible for enough bad shit.

1 Like

Idlest of idle games? Clearly you’ve never played “Don’t shoot the puppy!” or “Progress Quest.”

1 Like

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.