I Saw This Today

That is what I had always assumed; that it was one of those older model roundy Ferraris that I just wasn’t familiar with; not being a person who really notices cars. But it was when my daughter’s friend said “Uh, I’m pretty sure my brother has that exact Miata.” that we looked more closely.

One of my other friends suggested that the guy doesn’t actually know it’s a Miata.

3 Likes

When you see it…

2 Likes

Type O Negative does a great cover of this as well

They also did a cover of Neil Young’s Cinnamon Girl (another Certified White People song)

1 Like

I’ll admit I was skeptical about the Summer Breeze cover, but damned if they didn’t pull it off. Now, when Faith No More covered the Lionel Richie EZ listening chestnut Easy (Like A Sunday Morning,) their version was virtually indistinguishable.

1 Like

…a friend just got me the Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition :smile:

2 Likes

Technically, I was driving so I asked my daughter to take the photos for me. Hopefully that’s still kosher!

We’re driving along in stop-and-go traffic on an interstate and all of a sudden she says “is that a covered wagon up ahead?”

We knew even before we caught up with the driver that he would be grizzled and have a long natural beard. Yup! You could tell he could build anything he needed to from scrap. Total props to this dude:

Don’t know if you can see it, but he had a Colorado license plate (we were in Indiana). Heading home, I guess!

15 Likes

If ever I saw a stoner-mobile, that’s it! I particularly like the sheet metal repair/modification on the back of the car end.

6 Likes

A friend of my dad built a seven clone kit car years ago. She used a Triumph Dolly sprint as the donor car, and the damn thing would pull wheelies in second gear.

2 Likes

Bonus points for explaining the “correction.”

9 Likes

Apparently seeing a lot today. Also my grades are really starting to take off this semester:

5 Likes

After muddling through calc 2 and 3, I found diffyq to be refreshingly easy and understandable… even partial diffyq years later.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m finding it much more… “laid back?” I guess that’s not the right word, but it’s somehow both more rigorous and easier to understand. Probably depends on whether you prefer conceptual or computational work.

ETA: But was your grade infinity?

2 Likes

I see a frustrated text based artist

reconnecting with the fascist Futurist movement and attempting the obvious extension of connecting the conversation in the temporal dimension.

6 Likes

When I took Partial DiffEq, it was taught out of this thin little book that wasn’t even 100 pages. The final exam was two questions: one boundary value problem in the Fick diffusion equation, and another with a Schrödinger wave equation. Of course, the problems were like Parts A through H, and the correctness of each part depended on the correctness of the previous parts. Highly conceptual. Still, a lot less annoying than calculus.

1 Like

remix this…

Yes, I resurrected your QuackCore comment from months ago. I have to assume you realized the dream of QuackCore and just needed some additional material before the album dropped

3 Likes

I assumed QuackCore was rap music about alternative medicine

3 Likes

I don’t give a shit about hiding his license plate.

9 Likes

That’s good because I’m gonna find him and murder him. (It’s also definitely a him.)

#justkidding

2 Likes

I was at the bookstore when I saw this:

Whether it deliberately placed or carelessly abandoned, I found the location amusing.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 544 days. New replies are no longer allowed.