I spoke with the CEO of Sennheiser about audio, virtual reality and the notion of legacy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/24/i-spoke-with-the-ceo-of-sennhe.html

4 Likes

I was hoping that by “legacy” you meant “legacy headphones”. My first “quality” headphones were a pair of HD414s that were a birthday gift from my parents around 1970 or so. The impedance was really high, so on the stereos available to me they always sounded quiet and thin. (Only many years later did I discover that open-air – or “aire” in Sennheiser language –
headphones can actually have rich sound and good bass.) I’ve frequently wondered at the design decision to make headphones that wouldn’t work well on so many contemporary stereos.

1 Like

I’ll defend my HD25 with my life!! Using them since they came out. I’m sure beats the Beats hands down :wink:
They’re the best live mixing headphones ever! DJ’s appreciate them as well.
Don’t forget the 8040 cardio microphones: my piano never sounded so good. The MKH 40 is a world standard in the classical recording are.
Top Stuff to my opinion.

1 Like

They make good stuff. Even in the affordable range.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.