I unclogged my sinuses using this technique

An effective way to clear my sinuses is to eat habanero chili peppers.
Wait a few seconds and then blow my nose thoroughly.

2 Likes

I just take hand fulls of Costco brand benadryl. When it’s really bad a very hot wash cloth will free it up.

Funny things is for the last 18 months I have not suffered one sinus infection. I wonder what role mask wearing and avoiding people plays in that fact. Normally I get a couple a year.

5 Likes

They definitely decrease pollen and dust, which cause sinusitis in many.

1 Like

I like to imagine that’s where all drained mucus ends up. Slowly driving the manager into madness.

Dr. Mandell has numerous helpful videos.

To be fair, the good Dr was the one trading on his credentials first.

1 Like

ETA: Believe it or not, actually slightly relevant…

3 Likes

I wasn’t sick for an entire year, almost to the day. Then the littlest Pea went back into pre-K and we were all sick within a week. Not bad, but damn, I missed not being sick at all.

9 Likes

You gotta love that picture, though. Looks like he’s about to pull off a full-face mask, revealing the alien (or is it robot?) beneath.

1 Like

First: scientific method. Does just pressing on your cheekbones work? What about just pulling your ears?
No, anecdote is not data: doing it to yourself doesn’t prove anything. Get a hundred people to do it, and see what the results are. Get another hundred to not do it, see what the null result is. Get other people to press other random parts of their faces.
Get them to do the dance, but without telling them what you expect to happen: do they still spontaneously report decongestion?
OK, so presume we’ve actually gotten data which, when rigorously analyzed, shows there’s something there. Can we identify a mechanism? The frontal process under the cheek is not wafer thin. It’s not impossible that pressing there pulls the skin and creates a pull from one side inside where the eustachian tube is, and pulling on the ear creates a pull from the other side, and that’s enough to flex the channel and allow drainage, but it would be nice to have a CT scan of the process to be sure.

Also: Oh my everloving Cthulhu, what’s on that guy’s Youtube channel is the absolute worst kind of snakeoil and handwavy woo. “Effective Exercises for Plumped and Fuller Lips”?? Really? “Drink Water! Energize Your Cells”? Sure, buddy. “Positive Attitude”… sorry, that sound is all my woo alarms going off at once.

Sure, it’s a logical fallacy to accept or reject an argument solely on the identity of the person making the argument, but that’s when you’re accepting the argument on its own merits. This is making a statement of fact, which may or may not have some basis, but isn’t demonstrated or backed up beyond calling on an appeal to anecdote, and the anecdote is your own, based on being led to a conclusion. As Rebecca Watson said in her most recent video: “the human brain is a f*cked up pile of electric meat that simply cannot be trusted.”

Forget the argument from authority thing, think Bayes’ Theorem: the steaming pile of nonsense which is the rest of the channel from which this comes is a prima facie indication that you really, really want outstanding evidence for any particular piece of advice from it before following it, because it’s otherwise most likely that it, like the rest of the stream it came from is manipulative snake oil.

3 Likes

Dr. Alan Mandell, DC

Dr. Mandell has helped hundreds of thousands of people worldwide with his self-help videos to get well naturally, without the use of drugs, dangerous side effects, and invasive procedures. His years of experience through spinal biomechanics (the study of the mechanical laws relating to the movement or structure of living organisms) and nutritional background is what sets him apart from all others.

His focus is working with spine-related conditions, as in forward head posture, rounded shoulders, neck pain, back pain, pinched nerve, disc herniation, bulging disc, osteoarthritis, headaches, and postural imbalances. He has helped hundreds of thousands of people worldwide with his self-help elixirs and strategies to burn fat and lose weight, reduce insulin sensitivity and metabolic sydrome, lower cholesterol and blood pressure, cleanse the arteries, strengthen the immune system, conquer insomnia, increase lung function and oxygen to the body, and live a healthier and happier life. He believes we should never underestimate the healing ability of our inner-selves. Through education, perseverance, love, and faith, every human being has the ability to excel with their healing powers.

His “self-help elixirs”.

2 Likes

also good Kim Chi :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or one of the Mission Impossible team.

1 Like

his name is Eton? :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.