This nose hair ripper-outer I bought in Tokyo works great

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/15/this-nose-hair-ripper-outer-i.html

5 Likes

I leave all my biofilters in place unless they overgrow the nostril boundary, then retire them case-by-case the old-fashioned way, with tweezers. My wife’s about 7 inches shorter than me though, so she nominates some for early retirement.

29 Likes

Ever had an ingrown nostril hair? They are painful as fuck and it’s much likelier if you’re pulling that many hairs out by the root!

17 Likes

A big problem with this is that infections in the nose can get through the blood/brain barrier. If you rip out hairs and the torn follicles get infected - you’re endangering your brain.

Other than encephalitis, the danger of ingrown hairs and the pain of ripping out nose hairs, what a great idea!

20 Likes

Does seem like asking for a nasty case of folliculitus. But then, some of my best friends are microbes.

5 Likes

Adrian Legg

High Strung Tall Tales

Track #20 Nasenhaarmechismus.

2 Likes

As long as were are TMIing grooming tips.

Try these higher end stamp tongs to use as tweezers. Makes maintenance pretty easy.

https://www.ihobb.com/p/SOLINGEN_STAMP_TONGS/SA1855.html

5 Likes

jeebus flapping christ in a sidecar – that’s gotta HURT. i have a rotary blade nose clipper thingie that i call “the Nose Router” that hurts enough as it is… it brings me to tears just to pull ONE hair out. i can’t imagine doing them ALL at ONCE!

9 Likes

Serves you right if you look down your nose at her!

:wink:

9 Likes

Doesn’t that hurt? I use a Remington battery-operated nose trimmer. No pain! I’m such a big baby.

3 Likes

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age:

10 Likes

I have a great big bag of nope for that.

8 Likes

Give it time.

11 Likes

Our long national nightmare is over.

8 Likes

You might want to have electrolysis up there. Sticking electric needles up ones nose may hurt slightly - but will be permanent.

Alright - maybe a bit more than slightly - but think of the video you can post.

5 Likes

Nose hair ripping

6 Likes

I’m getting tears just thinking about it.

3 Likes

Works just as well:

10 Likes

That looks a lot like Elijah Wood on the cover of that package!