Good deal on Panasonic's nose hair / ear hair trimmer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/06/good-deal-on-panasonics-nose.html

related:

1 Like
1 Like
7 Likes

doppelseiten-print3-6-640x418

3 Likes

I’m intrigued. I have this Wahl model and it is, frankly, a severe disappointment. The blade keeps jamming and it often requires careful lubrication to get moving again.

I rather wish there was a wall-pluggable version; I’d be quite willing to forgo portability if it meant I could get reliable performance every time.

1 Like

I have tried several different kinds of nose trimmers and without fail they do less trimming and more yanking - which I can do myself, thank you very much, but without all the attendant yelping and hopping about the bathroom with a small appliance swinging from one nostril. Perhaps it’s just my particular crop of nose hairs - long, thick, trunk like bastards - but they provide eternal bedevilment and make me wish for some kind of laser-pointer-light-sabre-cutty-thingee device. Or a permanent wax job. Something. Egad.

3 Likes

These are getting a little bit ridiculous.

1 Like

Nope. Sorry. I’ve bought 2 of these over the last couple of years. They suck. End of story.

Ah, public school memories of Bell and Howell. Sad to see that once proud brand slide from its monopoly of educational av equipment that required the smartest kid in any given classroom to keep it running though numerous breaks and jams, to downmarket nose hair trimming.

1 Like

I’ve had much better luck with this Panasonic model, in fact I think it replaced the one being advertised here, which died too quickly:

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ER430K-Trimmer-Cleaning-Battery-Operated/dp/B000FYVOJC/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1510013351&sr=8-4&keywords=panasonic+nose+hair+trimmer

I used to wonder, wtf is with those older guys who have crazy ear and nose hair coming out all over, I mean geez, they make electronic devices to deal with this, and it takes like less than ten seconds to deal with every few days.

Now as I approach 40, I realize that that shit is like, the fucking five-o-clock shadow of nose and ear hair. Shit grows FAST! sigh

4 Likes

… when I first saw the picture I thought it was a sonic screw driver. I feel slightly disappointed and slightly inspired.

These things are all shit. You don’t need an electric one.
I bought one of these 3 years ago:

Does one job, pretty well. Nice and compact and no issues with batteries.

1 Like

Jesus. What do you all have - nose beards growing every 5 minutes?

Nose hair scissors. They’re rounded at the end, see? You can’t poke yourself, they don’t hurt, they’re easy to use, and quite fun.

I’ve attracted more of my gender-choice attention with my nose hair scissors than with any other device, mechanism, technique or personality aspect.

For $1.

I thank you.

1 Like

Even worse, it’s a rent-a-brand like Polaroid.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-Polaroid-LED-FLASHLIGHT-KEY-CHAIN-Keychain-Color-Variety-Batteries-Included/271049587431?hash=item3f1bd07ae7:m:mB9wQzEVBteTbLATLSuvDWg

1 Like

THIS CALLS FOR CAPS LOCK!
NOSE HAIR SCISSORS!!! REALLY! nO BATTERIES! NO YANKING!! NO NOISE!! NO BURNT HAIR SMELL!! YOU DON’T USE AN ELECTRIC KNIFE TO CARVE YOUR TURKEY DO YOU? NOSE HAIR SCISSORS FTW!!!

1 Like

As we age, some of us are like Crissy Dolls in reverse. The hair on our head gets sucked in, and comes out our ears, noses, and backs.

1 Like

OMG. Do you have like a gofundme so I can help? (lol)

I laugh because in my youth, I was all but hairless. I distinctly remember my girlfriend at age 20 telling me how my cheeks suddenly became “a little” hairier as I “aged”.

So now, hairy lot, suffer! Ha ha ha ha ha!

In my particular case, I was relatively hairless through the cusp of 21. An acquaintance of mine used to revel in pulling out my single chest hair when I wasn’t prepared to defend it. Nowadays, I’m a walking doormat.
Don’t assume because it hasn’t happened that it will never happen.

1 Like

I have a digital antenna. Bell & Howell sells a lot of shit on local broadcast channels.I hope to soon see the above-mentioned nose hair clippers dropped from a helicopter and then still function to cut smooth the hirsute nares of one our elders.