I want to be "chased" by this absurdly cute baby miniature horse

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2022/05/30/i-want-to-be-chased-by-this-absurdly-cute-baby-miniature-horse.html

15 Likes

What a lovely looking little creature.

20 Likes

That’s one horn short of a unicorn chaser.

26 Likes

benwyatt-smallhorse

12 Likes

Once upon a time, all horses were this small:

Eohippus translates as “dawn horse”. Incidentally, articles in kids sciences books on the dawn horse were notorious for repeating the comparison “about the size of a fox terrier”, even though modern kids are unlikely to know what a fox terrier is. Stephen Jay Gould has a fun essay on this, pointing out how science communicators keep repeating the same old tropes, rather than thinking how to explain stuff well to their audiences.

14 Likes

Look at that little thing go!

9 Likes

I think the size makes up for the lack of horn;

17 Likes

With the tippy tappy hoof noises!

12 Likes

About 1% of the size of an adult Giraffe?

15 Likes

How many to pull a pumpkin coach?

5 Likes

Yes, the hooves clapping on the floor and gravel are so cute.

6 Likes

Cute baby miniature horse takes issue with how his chase is demeaned by the quotation marks.

3 Likes

or 1/1654ths of a Double Decker Bus.

@hecep Little Horse, “Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their followers!”

Edited for added @hecep

6 Likes

Arts And Crafts Love GIF by Nickelodeon

5 Likes

And as it turns out, actual unicorns were on the other end of the brutal/cuteness spectrum…

6 Likes

Little Horse: “Don’ li’ quoties! Trample 'em! Trample 'em, good!”

2 Likes

Sure, duck-sized horses seem cute but what about when you have to fight off 100 of them at once? (I’d still choose them over the horse-sized duck though)

3 Likes

That tiny horse was clearly begging to be enveloped by a giant hug, yet it was repeatedly denied. I mean, damn!

2 Likes

We used to drive 15 minutes out of our way to go past a farm which had miniature donkeys and miniature donkey ponies. (Or whatever you call them.)

Looking at this, I’d do it again.

5 Likes

Po-donks?

5 Likes