Ich bin der gute Humor Mann.

1 Like

I cannot like this enough.

Just donā€™t mention the war.

4 Likes

You started it!

4 Likes

5 Likes

The moral stance Western empires take on his disgusting regime looks somewhat hypocritical to those from places which were victims of racist western imperialism. Put simply hitler didnā€™t kill as many people as Victoria did. The destruction, impoverishment, and murder of India by the english is breathtaking in its scope and depravity. Kind of like how and why the Chinese still dig Mao: just go look at Gapminder.org and run the timeline to see it graphically illustrated. Western imperialism is and was a scourge of difficult to parse proportion.

Why is it illegal to say stupid, racist, and wrong things relating to hitler and Germany in, say France, but not illegal to wax lyrical about the lovely good things that occurred under French rule in North Africa or Indochine? Why is it outside the pale to admire the politician Hitler (the evil scum racist genocidal murderer hitler) but not to admire, a la Niall Ferguson, the evil racist genocidal murderous English politiicans?

8 Likes

Thatā€™s it. Iā€™m starting a line of tasteless us restaurants that sell both Pol-Potstickers and Elizabiscuits.

14 Likes

And everybody loves Stalin!

5 Likes

Clearly itā€™s the Waffle-SS.

7 Likes

Itā€™s almost as though the enemy of the Great Power that colonized and exploited a country might not occupy the same cultural space in that country as he does in, say, the culture of the Great Power that did the colonizing and the exploiting.

1 Like

ā€œThere is nothing wrong,ā€ he said then, ā€œif [Indian] Muslims are treated as Jews were in Nazi Germany.ā€

Nationalism. Itā€™s a helluva drug.

6 Likes

You know who else enjoyed delicious ice cream treats? Thatā€™s right - Gandhi! These guys are exactly like Gandhi!

1 Like

Aside from ā€œice creemā€ being on the box on the bottom, somehow ā€œHitlerā€ looks more friendly when set in a typeface that reminds me of an Archie cover.

2 Likes

Not to mention the Emperor Hirohito Burrito and Taco Beelzebub (MST3K references)

5 Likes

[citation needed]

I would guess because by and large, there arenā€™t racist & vocal groups denying that the things that happened under European colonialism actually happened, the way there is with the Holocaust.

I donā€™t know though, other than the occasions when twits like Prince Philip say that those native folk were better off when the white man was in charge (and are rightly shouted down), does this happen? Is there praise for the way that European nations occupied & exploited Asia and Africa?

3 Likes

I guess itā€™s kind of a tradition to diss vanilla, but I recently realized I eat more vanilla than any other flavor. Really good vanilla ice cream blows most other flavors away. Thereā€™s something about vanilla flavor that goes well with cream, whereas other flavors overpower the cream base.

1 Like

Itā€™s Springtime for Hitlerā€¦and the Good-Humor Manā€¦

The Vichy-French vanilla Herman Goering waffle cone with the lightning bold sprinkles is my personal favorite !!!

It was probably popular with the Brahmins