Ice Cream named after Hitler in India is tasteless

Awarded:
Joke of the weak.

1 Like

I’ll have the Pol-PotNoodles.

1 Like

Don’t forget the old HITLERs’ CROSS in India! Home of small bites and MEGA joys.

In India, a cafĂ© named Hitler’s Cross (NYTimes)

“Hitler is a catchy name. Everyone knows Hitler.”

Jains living in the United States use three dots in place of the swastika. Not trying to make a point I just wanted to point that out.

2 Likes

Can’t believe nobody’s yet posted "i see what you did there’ (‘ice cream 
 deemed tasteless’)

Indiana wouldn’t be unbelievable.

5 Likes

For the same reason that much more is heard about Dachau and Buchenwald than about Vorkuta and Kengir.

Western newsreel cameras on-site.

1 Like

I long since gave up on listening to newsreel cameras. I always hear that same whirring, clicking noise.

Note to Indians: when Hitler talked about “Aryans” he wasn’t actually talking about South Asians.

1 Like

Yesssss!

Was he talking about Arya? Because everyone loves Arya.

6 Likes

“Valar morghulis”

Eep :fearful:

There most certainly are.

Remember the Jeremiah Wright controversy? He was most condemned for having said that America was founded on genocide and slavery, which is inarguably true. Notice the efforts to purge school textbooks of references to slavery and genocide?

2 Likes

It’s an old, old tradition
 The founder of Hindu Nationalism was not even neo-fascist - he was paleo-fascist, having adopted fascism right from the get-go. Here’s the bastard in 1938:

And we’ve collectively elected to power, a party and a leader who are the direct descendants of his ideology. Incidentally, largely because said leader is a good orator in Hindi

As an Indian, I don’t really agree; the history of the British in India is complex. It’s not as cut and dried good as Niall Ferguson and others think it is, but there are lots of might-have-beens and what-ifs that make it much more difficult than the simple opposite you describe. There were always multiple undercurrents to the Raj which make such simplistic statements very very problematic.

We sure do - we even have a successful politician (son of another successful politician) named after him

4 Likes

Sort of like the celery in tuna. Sometimes you want flavor and go for onion or relish. Sometimes just crunch though.

I think I must be hungry.

Heh, during WW2, there were apparently groups of old men in my home village, sitting on their front porches, chewing paan and waxing eloquent about how Hitler would come and restore the Aryans to their place of pride
 Zero political influence - everyone even back then knew they were talking crap, but

True, and I was also thinking mostly of European colonisation of Africa and Asia - didn’t even think about Spain & Portugal’s wholesale fuckery of South America or the Dutch/English time in the Caribbean.

But! I will maintain my position that the Victorians (British Empire from 1830-1900 or so) were not as bad as the Nazis, and that, my friends, is praise indeed :+1:

Sheesh. Give a cone a simple name and everybody goes all Godwin on ya.

Oops. They actually used his image, swastika, & everything. Well, by Reducio ad Hitlerum I guess there goes my fondness for ice cream cones. Ditto for headphones.

2 Likes

The Buddha looks different somehow

1 Like

There is, on the other hand, Belgium’s colonial legacy.
I suppose that if Japan had occupied India (as was the plan), there’d be a “Rape of Calcutta” too.

1 Like