Ice Cube to start as Ebenezer Scrooge in new film

It was totally OTT of me, but can you really not see Ice Cube, star of stage and screen, playing the Ebeneezer character?

1 Like

Well people are people, you didnā€™t hit me at least. I can see him there clearly and sharply. I have no problems with anyone playing anyone. This is art, you make your own interpretation of someones writing. You do it good - I will be pleased, you do it badā€¦wellā€¦ i will not be. But I will judge by the execution and performance. I used, maybe too impropriety, Ice Cube to pick on 1% demography (you know Koch brothers and co)
The deadline article, which is linked there, has a photo of Ice with that angry expression and you do not have to comparison render of Scrooge to already knowā€¦ he fits and I wish him all the best.

I may have problems with reinterpretation of history, because I think that it should be left as it has happened - I know that there are history books and you can always turn from artistic interpretation to book to check the facts, but common people do not do that and end up believing in crap (Fox News audience is example of fact checking avoidance.) History is to shape the future and not the other way around.

In the future technology may allow you to choose who plays who in your movie, you will just switch actors. Of course, though I have written anyone may play anyone, there should be some limitations because there are only two actors allowed to play Captain John H. Miller in ā€œSaving Private Rayanā€ā€¦ an the other one is Denzel Washington.

PS. I do not know what is happening lately, but people keep on jugging others very quickly and it is visible in news.

I like Ice Cube a lot. And even though I am not a Dickens fan, A Christmas Carol with its three angels makes a perfect movie script. Bill Murray will always be my favorite Scrooge, but I think Ice Cube will have a fun take on it.

Uh. Isnā€™t Ice Cube literally part of the 1% (possibly the 0.1%)? His net worth is north of $140 million.

1 Like

Yeah good point, he is. Though Iā€™d rather wanted to hit the Wallstreet/banker types as that what Ebenezer Scrooge is supposed to be (he is lending money), than artists.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.