ICE ran facial recognition searches on millions of Maryland drivers' photos without court approval; activists say they're targeting immigrants

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/28/ice-ran-facial-recognition-sea.html

Shocking? Nah, they have seen how successful the Chinese were using that technique to find Uighurs. With just a little tweaking, I am sure it can find those “bad hombres.”

11 Likes

From 2018:

I think that this event will bring into focus his anti-immigrant (and possibly illegal) stance.

10 Likes

Hogan’s a low-key dick whose claim to fame is “at least I’m not Trump.” He’s been busy enriching himself at the cost of mass transit projects. I can’t wait until he’s gone.

6 Likes

are any of the remaining democratic presidential candidates in favor of dismantling ice? cause it’s well past time.

4 Likes

This is satire obviously but not that far-fetched unfortunately.

We are losing our historical memories about WWII and how the Nazis came to power legally. It’s not all that hard to see ideological comparisons between ICE and the Gestapo.

3 Likes

Facial recognition is the greatest threat to free democracy in the world today, right after Donald Trump.

Fuck this shit so hard

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.