Automated list of people on LinkedIn who claim to work for ICE

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/19/automated-list-of-people-on-li.html

5 Likes

Getting awful close to doxxing people, here. I’m pissed but attacking the institution by harassing the people who work for it at random seems a little unhelpful.

6 Likes

Awesome. We need to start leafleting these guys neighborhoods witj their addresses and pictures.

I just checked the federal employee salary database, and it lists a lot of lawyers and HR flaks for ICE, but not rank and file agents. Does anyone know what’s up with that? I thought federal employees were a matter of public record.

3 Likes

Seriously? These fuckers shouldn’t be able to show their faces in public without people spitting on them. Anyone who hasn’t resigned at this point is fully complicit.

16 Likes

I don’t know, there are other methods…

Butz

ICE as an institution has been given carte-blanche to go full gestapo. As far as I’m concerned, the institution and everyone working / supporting it are now on the game-board.

ETA: I was able to get to the list earlier but now I’m getting a 404 error. Takedown? Or maybe in transition to new host?

15 Likes

LinkedIn, the email spam rabbit hole of the dammed.

6 Likes

I don’t usually agree with doxxing or online harassment, but actively abetting something this evil “because it’s your job” is one instance where I believe ‘desperate times call for desperate measures.’

Too many people don’t give a happy fuck about anyone or anything until they themselves are negatively impacted in some way.

So let the public make an impact that will make them examine what exactly it is they are doing what evil they are enabling, for a paycheck.

While I don’t advocate anyone breaking the law, I’m okay with ICE employees being made as uncomfortable as possible.

29 Likes

https://antiboredom.github.io/ice-linkedin/

1 Like

They are law enforcement and part of Homeland Security. You do not know their state of mind and some are apparently very capable of doing very messed up things.

5 Likes

That can be said of anyone and everyone.

Reap and sow.

12 Likes

archive
https://web.archive.org/web/20180619210150/https://antiboredom.github.io/ice-linkedin/

3 Likes

This will be needed as evidence for the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. Or maybe the war crimes tribunal.

4 Likes

The institution is the people. Take away the people and the institution has less power than a typical HOA.

10 Likes

I am not sure how I feel about this so I will not comment on the reposting of publicly available information about the ICE officers…

I will point out that the statement that ICE is mainly responsible for the kidnapping of children from their parents could be misleading or an over simplification or at least not a wide enough circle of folks to consider.

The whole thing is carefully orchestrated specifically to make each department and person’s role as narrow as possible so it is difficult to assign blame.

As I heard it explained by an immigration atty earlier today:

ICE stops the families at the boarder.
ICE hands them over to the Federal Marshals.
Federal Marshals then transport and hand them over to Customs and Border Protection
CBP then is responsible for the kidnapping and putting the kids in the concentration camps, which are run by private firms.

The attorney suggested that if you have any folks who work for one of those agencies in your family or close circle of friends, that you talk seriously with them about refusing to follow orders or resigning.

9 Likes

Fair enough. But consider that if ICE did not stop these families and hand them over to the Federal Marshals, then we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

Or another way to look at it is since the employees of these agencies are well aware of the final outcome of their actions, then they should ALL be held culpable.

10 Likes
11 Likes

Yup, this brave gentleman worked for one of the private companies mentioned in an earlier post. Southwest Key operates 27 facilities across the US. Many of which are being used as concentration camps for these children.

7 Likes

Sadly, this is the only instance I’ve heard of thus far of anyone involved quitting behind this atrocity, (other than that one exec a month or so ago.)

5 Likes

That’s Orwellian semantics and I hope you know it. (It sounds like you do, just emphasizing the point for readers.)

4 Likes

The people who work for it have chosen to do so.

Nobody held a gun to their head.

2 Likes