ICUs full of COVID-19 patients forced into leaving people with treatable conditions to die

Willfully unvacinated patients should not get hospital beds. The had their chance for treatment, and they refused it. Usually with death threats to the people who offered the vaccine.

They can go home and “do their research” and self-treat with bleach, or dog-dewormer, or whatever quakery they are into now. They should not be asking medical professionals (who’s help they already angrily refused) for help now.

Maybe the hospitals can instead set up an “unvaccindated covid ward” in the parking garage next to the refrigerated tractor-trailer, where the unvaccinated can be provided with some nice comfortable wooden boxes, with a blanket and a pillow (since there are not enough beds). Perhaps some of their q-anon fellows will be willing to help take care of them while they wait for the inevitable, since our medical professionals are busy. Our doctors and nurses have enough to do without dealing with people who don’t even believe in modern medicine.

8 Likes

Sure. Let 'em watch the procession of full gurneys going into the trailer & empty ones going out.
There had better be armed guards keeping watch, though.

Or science, for that matter. Yet they rely on it…

3 Likes

As of noon today, elective cases are being approved on a case-by-case basis at Providence and a new record was set for the number of covid cases in the state. The public does. not. care. and it makes me so angry that people are not going to be able to get life-saving/prolonging (yet still considered elective) surgeries because of the selfishness of others.

10 Likes

Sadly, they can’t do that because of the ACA.

What they can do, though, is jack up their rates and everyone else’s rates a little bit less as a proportion of the costs of doing business.

We’re all going to get a massive insurance hike next year, and unvax’d people, an even greater one.

4 Likes

One hospital has gotten fed up with the BS Invisible Bearded Sky Man™ vaccine exemption. I doubt it will be the last or be limited to staff.

Can’t get the vaccine because of religion? Better not have Tylenol, Tums, Preparation H, Prilosec, Zoloft, Claritin, Sudafed, Benadryl, Motrin, Lipitor, etc. in your medicine cabinet either.

12 Likes

I can not wait til my kids can get vaccinated. They are SO SICK of hearing “Well maybe when Covid is over…” I was hearing December for kid vaccines and now I’m hearing late September or October.

8 Likes

We were looking up our local hospitals a few weeks ago. One ICU was at 129% capacity. Another had
“0.3” empty ICU beds, whatever the hell that means. Are we stacking them like bunk beds? Do you have to scoot over and make room for a buddy? Hospital capacities are improving a little bit here (Georgia).

6 Likes

Numbers like that refer to staffing levels, generally. If you are talking fractional beds, that is zero. Although they will often, for obvious reasons, try to stretch to “just one more.”

8 Likes

It should also be emphasized that the term “elective” can be misleading. It doesn’t mean “unnecessary”.
I’d hate to have to tell someone in severe but not life-threatening pain that a procedure that could provide relief had to be postponed or even cancelled because a bunch of unvaccinated assholes were using up hospital resources.

7 Likes

Anchorage Alaska: an increasingly hot mess since July 1.

The money quote from that last link is clipped:
Anchorage Mayor Bronson says, ‘I don’t know what more we can do’

And that’s all in just over the past 10 days.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.