Idaho governor says state abortion ban will harm victims of sexual assault—then signs it into law

Originally published at: Idaho governor says state abortion ban will harm victims of sexual assault—then signs it into law | Boing Boing

4 Likes

s reactions share GIF

28 Likes

He doesn’t just not care about women, he knows just how harmful the bill is and also doesn’t care. I hope there is a special kind of hell for people like this.

34 Likes

I’d say “what the actual fuck” but this shit is just standard fare now. I’m trying to squeeze more blood from this stony heart, but it’s a struggle.

26 Likes

Fucking wild to see someone acknowledge this, and still follow through. We really have reached “masks off.” Sigh.

13 Likes

He’s up for re-election and can’t look weak. He has to harm as many people as possible or the fascist base will vote for someone else.

25 Likes

The cruelty is both the point and a way for GOP politicians like this jerk to get and hold power l.

28 Likes

Hey dingus! You don’t get points for conscientiousness for publicly recognizing that something is morally and ethically void and then doing it anyway. That doesn’t give you an out, it makes you worse.

17 Likes

Women are being reduced to chattel possessions, the GQP won’t stop until we stop them.

P.S. Midterms folks, MIDTERMS!

28 Likes

Look five years in the past for all the legislators and the governor. Bet you’ll find some paying for abortions.

14 Likes

Deep in their hearts, most of those folk believe that the woman “had it coming” one way or another. They think good girls don’t put themselves in positions where they can be raped. So punishing those victims even more is just icing on the cake for them.

13 Likes

Let’s not wait until he’s dead.

12 Likes

“I’d like to be remembered as a monster.”
-Brad Little, probably

8 Likes

FYI, Little is being pressured from the right by his batshit-insane, openly white supremacist LtGov, Janice McGeachin. This a pathetic attempt to ride the fence and not piss of pro-choice or anti-abortion voters, and as always happens with such efforts, it’s failing miserably. He just looks utterly weak-kneed and ineffective. If he’d vetoed the bill it would be passed over him by the GOP supermajority; if he’d done nothing it would have become law without his signature. If he’d signed it and kept his mouth shut it wouldn’t have even been much of a news story. But now, everyone knows he’s spineless.

8 Likes

I wonder which will be the first state to decriminalize rape. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Too bad he didn’t have the courage of Utah’s governor, who vetoed the recent anti- trans kids in sports bill. He admitted it was politically bad for him to do so, but that it was the moral thing to do - and pointed out the law was effectively written to target a single trans girl playing sports in the state (and who was not, by any means, dominating it) and was thus absurd as well as awful.

Yeah, all it does is reveal that he’s a total coward. He’s just saying, “Yes, this is evil, but I’m letting it go ahead because I’m afraid of the personal consequences for me if I oppose it.”

Don’t need to because it’s effectively already the case.

5 Likes

Huh, I’ve been wondering which one would effectively criminalize it. The “justice” systems stats for that particular offense are terrible - by design.

12 Likes

I’m racking my brain trying to think of another crime that goes unreported, where police refuse to take statements or accept complaints or investigate or make arrests, where prosecutors refuse to prosecute, where judges fail to impose jail time for a conviction, at anything like the same rates and it’s not considered effectively (or actually) decriminalized.

9 Likes

In cases of legitimate rape, the female body has ways of just shutting this down. Legitimate rape.

Angry Star Wars GIF

Thing is, too many of these assholes actually think this bullshit is some sort of medical fact, like “reimplanting” ectopic pregnancies, or “converting” gay kids. Just so we are clear, none of these are real. Not even close to real. And those who promote them are evil assholes.

15 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.