Identify this mysterious animal skeleton

[Permalink]

I think itā€™s a monkey of some kind.

Of dead kind.

1 Like

it could be a cat

4 Likes

Scale would be helpful. Iā€™m thinking squirrel.

1 Like

Face-hugger.

6 Likes

non-petrified cardiff giant (juvenile)

1 Like

Probably, a catā€¦ Iā€™ve noticed some typical teeth thereā€¦
It is definitely a mammalā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a house cat. The teeth and feet give it away.

6 Likes

Loch Ness Monster

2 Likes

Skeletal anatomy clearly identifies this as a cat - no mystery; skull, teeth, claws, feet, hair on feet, shoulder blades, ah heck, all of it says cat. Not looking itā€™s best thatā€™s for sure.

5 Likes

Not mysterious but it makes me sad. Looks like a cat to me. Poor thing.

1 Like

Evangelion.

4 Likes

Am I the only one whoā€™s read Singularity by William Sleator? Check the area for signs of a very localized temporal disturbance.

Cat, but Iā€™m surprised the bones are all in one place. Whenever I come across them, they are usually scattered over many square feet. The teeth can be really tricky to find. (I sometimes take the skulls home, clean and articulate them,)

I know this one. Itā€™s a puzzle from ā€˜The Digā€™
It looks kinda like a turtle.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think we can rule out human remains. It could very well be the bones of a white blond haired blue eyed kidnapped little girl. Get Nancy Grace on the horn. I suppose she could use another one of these stories.

8 Likes

This is not a wonderful thing.

3 Likes

Some kind of Pokemonā€¦

1 Like

I think the world will be a better place when (and if) we can treat such graphic imagery of freshly killed animals like we would those of freshly killed humans. I think itā€™s wrong that one is considered worse than the other, and usually forbidden, or marked NSFW or ā€œdisturbing.ā€ Weā€™re animals too. The sooner we accept that and extend the respect we pay to human animals to other ones too, the better off weā€™ll all be.

1 Like