Idiot who put a loaded gun on a bed was shot in the back by a 2-year-old child

Originally published at: Idiot who put a loaded gun on a bed was shot in the back by a 2-year-old child | Boing Boing

4 Likes

“He was shot in the home of a woman who has an active protection order against him.”

A good toddler with a gun. Meet next year’s NRA poster child. :man_facepalming:

35 Likes

Wiley was released on bond following his initial court appearance on Monday.

WTAF?!

18 Likes

Well, not like he committed a real crime, like got picked up for being homeless or stealing a loaf of bread… /s

22 Likes

The problem is there are not enough 2yo’s with guns!
If only there had been a ‘good’ 2yo with a gun nearby to stop him…
/s

9 Likes

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun

3 Likes

That poor child :sob:

18 Likes

Exactly, why should this guy be out? He’s already violating order to stay away from that house, he’s a felon in possession…

If there’s anyone I can think of who should not be out, it’s this guy.

11 Likes

The important thing to remember is that the easy availability of firearms in the U.S. has nothing to do with this situation. Instead let’s focus on the need for gun safety classes for children, or perhaps the technical characteristics of this particular weapon. /s

18 Likes

Folks, meet the leading contender for the NRA’s Responsible Gun Owner of the year award!

6 Likes

The more guns there are around, the more gun accidents there will be. I think of this every time someone says teachers should be allowed to bring guns to school “for the children.”

10 Likes

Don’t forget arguing that no gun control law could ever work, since this guy was still able to get a handgun when he shouldn’t have had one. Anything to avoid admitting that guns might be the problem.

13 Likes

Delmar in the O Brother , where art thou movie first said it, Now there’s a good boy. I’m he got an owie on his finger but none the less, There’s a good boy! Put some new shiny toy in front of a 2 year old boy and what’s the boy gonna do?

2 Likes

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_470

6 Likes

The only thing that stops a gun is a Republican with a spine.

1 Like

Thankfully they’re too young to remember it. I’ve read too many accounts of older kids accidentally shooting siblings and… I can’t even finish the thought it’s so horrifying.

3 Likes

The NRA has long advocated for federal sentences for felon in possession.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.