“If God wanted us to cover our mouth and nose he would have made us that way,” says woman wearing eyeglasses and clothes

with regard to the “freedumbs” of anti-mask white privelege fucknuts, this passage from The Root article really jumped out and made me go - yup!

Why do they think they have these “freedoms?”

Because they are stupid.

You may have noticed that their explanations are curiously devoid of facts and science. Instead of listening to medical experts, researchers or data, they are willing to entrust their health to their political allies or random Facebook memes. Their arguments also are all strangely similar. None of them have presented a unique viewpoint that they came up with; they’re all spouting stuff they heard on Parler or at whatever the white people’s version of a barbershop is (I’m pretty sure it’s antique shops). There’s no other fathomable reason for their positions except that they lack the ability to think critically.

makes sense to me. and, like the feral street chickens running around neighborhoods here, the fucknuts actually think they own the place.
I beg to differ.

31 Likes

How about: If god allowed her to be alive right now because her great grandparents took the small pox inoculation and covered their mouths when cholera and typhus was rife, why can’t you? Does she hate her heritage, or Her god interfering? So many questions…

16 Likes

“If God had intended us to fly, He would never have given us the railway.”

–Flanders and Swann, The Slow Train

15 Likes

I hear that community is on the skids.

20 Likes

The people who believe this have their views reinforced by communications with like minded people who use a pocket sized supercomputer that communicates with everyone on the planet by globally connected computers and satellites. Which is a tad bit more technologically advanced than a cloth mask.

18 Likes

God what a horrible time to be a satirist. Not long ago this would have been an SNL skit and everyone would call it way too obvious and unrealistic.

24 Likes

Damnit. Me having to wear PANTS is down right literally COMMUNISM!
Imma start calling my wardrobe the “Lenin Closet.”

29 Likes

According to Christian scripture, are we not all destine for Hell?
Perhaps these women were correlating insight of Jesus.

The significance of Jesus in Islam is reflected in his being mentioned in the Quran in 93 verses with various titles attached such as “Son of Mary”, “Spirit of God”, and the “Word of God”, and other relational titles, mentioned directly and indirectly, over 187 times.[7][8][9][10][11] Jesus is more briefly described in Surah Maryam, Chapter 19 of Quran. Thus, he is one of the most mentioned people in the Quran by reference; 25 times by the name Isa,[note 1] third-person 48 times,[note 2] first-person 35 times and the rest as titles.[note 3][12]

On Topic, a colleague said she would rather go to jail or detention/quarantine centre rather than get vaccine shot. I got the vaccine fyi.

5 Likes

We have one of those at the local mall. All the Antifa kids love it.

11 Likes

“We would have evolved one by now” is just another way of saying “God would have made us that way.” They’re not concerned by how evolution works, or thinking this through at all, much less rationally. Gee, how does evolution work there, Clark? Have you thought about the bit where it involves a whole lot of “unfit” organisms dying off?

Ditto with “it’s not natural.” I mean, it’s “not natural” for us to have a life expectancy above 30 years. But we do, because of medical interventions. Like masks. How are people this dumb managing to survive?

18 Likes

Hopefully they won’t

8 Likes

What kind of father tortures his children forever for being disobedient? Worst. Parent. Ever. I would not take that dude’s advice on personal protective equipment.

21 Likes

Oh, sky cake… why are you so delicious?

5 Likes

The Universe is one big chocolate cake. I’ve been, so I know.

6 Likes

Where she would even more likely catch the virus…

4 Likes

Did I miss the chapter and verse in the Bible where God said “Thou shalt be able to use the Internet?” If He had wanted humans to post to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. He would have given us an organ that connects via organic wifi.

5 Likes

If god wanted us to be fast enough to outrun the leopards eating our faces, we would have been made that way.
If god wanted me to think like an adult, then he/she/it/they wouldn’t have made me be born an infant

5 Likes

This is what happens when people forget to eat from the Tree of Knowledge.

15 Likes

That guy says he’s from Scranton but he sure looks like he’s from Metaluna sometimes.

I think the public deserves to see his long-form birth certification crystal

5 Likes

If God wanted anything, it would happen. Dude’s supposedly omnipotent. Clearly he doesn’t want people NOT to cover their mouths or noses, or he wouldn’t have made masks. Or a deadly virus, for that matter.

Why, it’s almost as though the idea of an omnipotent, all-knowing God is a complete contradiction of observable reality and the chaos, suffering and complexity inherent within it. Odd, that.

12 Likes