"My hind leg!" Ranting Tennessee megachurch pastor says he will forbid mask-wearing in church

Originally published at: "My hind leg!" Ranting Tennessee megachurch pastor says he will forbid mask-wearing in church | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Why are these fundie types so willing to test God when it comes to this fucking virus? Do they want to be smitten because that’s how people beg to be smitten.

52 Likes

It’s a shame about losing that tax-exempt status…oh, wait, not a shame after all.

45 Likes

Just a jagoff. For Jesus.

24 Likes

Sadly the Bible lacks a commandment saying “Thou shalt not be an insufferable douchebag”

24 Likes

32 Likes

One is reminded of the parable of the man in the flood asking God for help. Only this person doesn’t believe the flood exists or at least that it isn’t dangerous and was mostly made up to hurt the economy, apparently? Because hurting the economy under a Biden presidency is a rational thing to do of you want to be re-elected?

30 Likes

Been a long time since I’ve done any bible reading - can someone confirm:

Jesus said, “y’all some fools, boys.”

36 Likes

He has forelegs? The only talking quadruped in the Bible is Balaam’s ass.

Oh, wait…

22 Likes

Fascinating to see bricks-and-mortar houses of worship for the death cultists.

16 Likes

Acts of the Assholes, Chapter 5, Verse 3

25 Likes

There’s no moron like a religious zealot moron. I love how he blames everything on Democrats, when the virus - and the masks, and the first closure orders - came about with Republicans in charge. But neither logic nor truth means anything to people like this…

32 Likes

I don’t remember that bible verse. I do remember this one though.

You shall not put the Lord your God to the test, as you tested him at Massah.

Deuteronomy 6:16

When was the last time the evangelical right compromised on anything?

26 Likes

Rand Paul’s Epistle to the Qanonites, 1:6.

34 Likes

So, now, someone remind me why when this jackhole gets COVID and dies I’m supposed to feel like he didn’t deserve it?

17 Likes

If you can’t string the bow
And you’re clean out of resin
Someone may have planned for you a
Music lesson
Keep your eyes to the sky
It could be a brand name
And remember all things considered
You really can’t complain

7 Likes

Missed a negative somewhere in that sentence? Because I will certainly feel like he deserved it, though plenty of Good Liberals will tell me I’m not supposed to.

(Same as that conservative radio announcer. Basically: if you made it your mission this past year to discourage people from being safe, and discourage taking the vaccine, then you killed people, and I’m not going to play any fucking sad tune for you if you die from this.)

14 Likes

I’m just naturally an asshole and I’m using my religion as an excuse for my shit personality!

It’s such a strange coincidence that god is always in favor of some yokel’s worst impulses.

21 Likes

‘Smited.’

20 Likes

lol, thx for the catch! Every jag off that dies who COVID who was anti-vaxx or anti-mask should have their fucking stupid comments on their tombstone.

11 Likes