If Lara Croft were a man

Core Design wasn’t owned by Eidos when they made the original Tomb Raider :wink:

Edit: at least not when they started…

You would be surprised how many Jewish guys DO look like this. There are fully black African Jews from the time of Queen of Sheeba and Solomon, western Chinese looking from north India, obviously the middle eastern of arab appearance and Indian(from India) and the Blond and Blue eyes are not uncommon especially from the German/English representatives.
Interestingly as a pretty unique study group these people(perhaps not the African Jewish group) are all more closely related to each other genetically than the locals they share appearance with, makes me wonder what effect epigenetics has.

I want back and looked up the dates on this, because I remember Eidos’s name on the original Tomb Raider, and it seems they were bought up shortly before the game was released. So I guess you are technically correct, the best kind of correct.

1 Like

The male Lara Croft:

It often struck me as odd that the box art for pretty much every release of Wolfenstein consistently depicts Mr. Blazkowicz as buff and shirtless as opposed to the modest grey sweatsuit that is the only thing you see in-game.

As for Mr. Croft, I reckon his general anatomy is still too vaguely realistic to compare to the exaggerated proportions of Lara.

Wasn’t it just that Core were the designers and Eidos the publishers?

Go back and look at the Lara posted earlier in this thread. Her waist is probably too narrow for someone who pushes giant boxes and jumps ledges all day and she’s going to have difficulty in childbirth with those hips, but her bust is small enough that she can shop off of the rack and her legs aren’t impossibly long (although those boots make them look shorter than they are). Lara has evolved quite a lot over the years.

Really not that different from a lot of comic book poses, except the dudes tend to show less skin, especially around the legs. More skintight outfits.

And with Robert Pattinson, too. Ugh. I’m kind of sick of reboots, too. But whatever, as long as it makes money, Hollywood will do it. And it makes money because it sells on DVD.

Wow, took us fully 7 posts to hit “he’s not wearing a sports bra, so it’s not the same”. Victory is in sight!

2 Likes

Humor man… Humor.

While we’re on the subject though: where are all the shots of him crawling through tight spaces so that all we see is a screen full of ass? Man, this is just racism, pure and simple…

1 Like

I’m not sure where all this talk of the Japanese is coming from, Tomb Raider was originally developed in the UK, in Derby of all places.

Keep in mind that in some societies – for example, Lithuania – Jews were kept in separate ghettos and so there was not a lot of intermarriage, whereas in others – such as Germany – intermarriage was relatively common. As a result there is an even larger founder effect for Lithuanian Jews than for German or Austrian Jews (e.g. Lithuanian Jews are more endogamous than German Jews, despite both being mostly Ashkenazi).

The clothes aren’t the same, but I think they’ve hit about the same note WRT the amount of skin that needs to be shown before you go “ok, I see what you’re doing here”.

There is no God.

1 Like

And River Phoenix would be the right age now…

1 Like

Almost every Jewish person I know personally has blue eyes and some of them are indeed blonde (the people, not the eyes).

If he was drawn in the style of the first version of Lara Croft, his penis probably looks like something out of Minecraft.

1 Like

The only thing this says to me is that we need less clothing in games, not more. Hot outfit is hot.

Bring back the midriff-baring DOOM Guy armor, then? (Seriously, WTF is up with that? I think the old Unreal Tournament had something similar.)

Because he wants to show off his six pack of course. That’s the male equivalent of the chain mail bikini. It even has pecs sculpted on it for no reason. Sexist fantasy outfits aren’t limited to women.

1 Like