Here's the trailer for the new Indiana Jones movie featuring a digitally de-aged Harrison Ford

Originally published at: Here's the trailer for the new Indiana Jones movie featuring a digitally de-aged Harrison Ford | Boing Boing

9 Likes

That’s just a weird quote. He simultaneously doesn’t believe in magic but also believes in it so hard that he’s able to faith-heal his gut-shot dad with a magic cup and burn Mola Ram with special rocks by invoking the wrath of Shiva?

As far as the Nazis with the melting faces, ok. He did keep his eyes closed so he can plausibly deny magic in that instance. Maybe they accidentally melted each other somehow.

23 Likes

I hope the technology has gotten better since The Irishman.

7 Likes

And the aliens weren’t aliens? Or is the protocol here to pretend IJatCS never happened?

8 Likes

Aliens ≠ magic. (Except for some of the dudes that serve Thanos, I guess)

6 Likes

And that guy who aged into a pile of dust after taking a sip from the false grail was probably just really really dehydrated.

14 Likes

“I’ve come to believe it’s not so much what you believe, it’s how hard you believe it”

Oh great, fuel for election deniers and the alternate facts crowd.

9 Likes

I was pleasantly surprised until the very last scene w Indy riding a horse in a subway towards an oncoming train… at some point they musta jumped a shark… or am I too jaded?

2 Likes

9 Likes

Eeeeeh, i dunno. I still haven’t seen the previous Indy movie, and i don’t know if i can muster up the fucks to give about this one. Maybe i’ll catch it when its streaming… maybe.

3 Likes

I’ve been very much a full on “nope, this is stupid, we don’t need another Indy film at this point, let’s move on.”

Until now.

Yes, I got hit by a bit of the nostalgia bug. That actually looked kind of promising. Hearing the theme again. Seeing him fighting Nazi’s. Seeing that it would be as much rooted in present old Harrison/Indy as younger Indy. Well… there you have it, I’m a soft mark for them apparently.

16 Likes

Suffice to say that Indy literally riding off into the sunset at the end of Last Crusade should have marked the conclusion of the franchise (as it was originally intended to).

20 Likes

That makes no sense, he’d just had a drink.

6 Likes

Clearly he needed more electrolytes.

6 Likes

Brawndo Jones?

10 Likes

I’ll probably see it. I’ve always been a fan, even as a little kid I’d imagine myself Indiana Jones. Nostalgia is a powerful bait.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Normalize punching Nazis again.

33 Likes

James Mangold is pretty solid writer/director, so I’m willing to give this one a chance.

5 Likes

I recall watching some of the young indy TV show and also finding it to be a pretty fun watch though i don’t know how that holds up. They could always do spin-off movies with characters associated with Indy instead of having the shambling presence of Harrison Ford around as the lead, but in all honestly it’s probably best for a studio to just… come up with a fresh IP that is inspired by the same things Indy was based on, but studios are so risk averse these days :roll_eyes:

7 Likes