This trailer for 'Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny' looks fantastic

Originally published at: This trailer for 'Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny' looks fantastic | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Not bad, but I’m sad that it appears they’ve killed Marion off.

5 Likes

Nazis are back and they’ll be bad guys, so I assume there will be some morons protesting.

Cue a certain Faux “News” host with a constipated look on his face asking “Ask yourselves: what did Hitler ever do to you?” It’s not outside the realm of possibility.

As for people with a basic sense of decency, the more reminders that fascists were, are, and will always be the enemies of humanity, the better.

17 Likes

Anybody who watches Indy movies and roots for the Nazis needs to go peek in the Ark.

25 Likes

I am going to watch the hell out of this. I hope it’s every ounce as good as this trailer seems to make it out to be. What a wonderful history of movies for this franchise (at least the odd numbered ones).

5 Likes

Always Be Punching Nazis. ALWAYS.

12 Likes

It looks cool but the horse scene seems familiar.

And the horse stole the scene at the end.

1 Like

miss jay gif GIF

So emotional! So much for liberal tolerance!!! /ssssss

6 Likes

I didn’t know there would be a fourth Indiana Jones film this year!
Looking at the trailer, I wonder if this is a deep fake. A good one.

7 Likes

Well this looks a lot better than the “Film which shall not be named.”

I hope the effects and stunts are more reality grounded. Mads Mikkelsen makes a great bad guy.

3 Likes

gaaahhhhh, that music starts AND SUDDENLY I BELIEVE!

please be good, please be good, please be good!!!

7 Likes

Hopefully it ends with him fading into history or something…let Harrison rest already. I love Indiana Jones but he’s 80 years old. At 80, you need to do be doing something easier, like President.

9 Likes

Yeah - I’m probably in for this.

4 Likes

But he’s already been President

10 Likes

Of all the things I’d grown up with in NYC, and seen, and heard of… a story involving a horse in a subway tunnel never popped up. I must see this movie.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Karen Allen is not listed in wiki’s cast section for the film. And the 2022 article below may have been too optimistic. Note that Allen did express a desire to reprise he role.

(excerpt) With Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny hitting theaters on June 30, 2023, Disney still has time before an announcement of Marion Ravenwood’s return would be expected. Since the studio typically likes to save its casting surprises until closer to the premiere window, it’s possible that the return of Karen Allen in the Dial of Destiny won’t be revealed until closer to the movie’s release.

3 Likes

Nnnnnnnaaaaaaayyy!

3 Likes

6 Likes

wow! man, i know the Diz knows how to push buttons/ pull heartstrings, but THAT was everything i needed to sell me this movie! shut up and take my money!
and as @Franko said above - the swell of that familiar heroic music… i think i peed a little. a “squee pee”, if you will.

6 Likes