If Rogue One: A Star Wars Story were an 8-bit video game

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/24/if-rogue-one-a-star-wars-stor.html

1 Like

Ah, considering the movie itself was a bit of retro self-indulgence (though, I loved it so), this seems appropriate. However, wasn’t Saw on Jedha, not Onderon? I believe your obligatory pastiche is now ruined.

1 Like

Most inaccurate video game adaptation ever!

1 Like

I remember going to Izzy’s house and playing that game. Well, I remember going to Izzy’s house and watching Izzy play that game. Sharing wasn’t his strong suit.

And he stole my favorite Hot Wheels. The truck with PA tags. I mean, the HELL, Izzy.

Anyway, I just remember endlessly going down to different screens. Or maybe that was Adventure.

Fuck.

It was probably Adventure. Still, we used to tease Izzy because he looked like Elliot from ET. I think it was Nils–but maybe Doug–who said Izzy was a test tube baby because his head was so big. But Nils/Doug was under the mistaken impression that test tubes were generally bulbous at the end. And a poor understanding of reproduction, generally.

Of course, we all did at the time.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.