If you had Dave Bautista working with M. Night Shyamalan on your movie bingo card, come on down

Originally published at: If you had Dave Bautista working with M. Night Shyamalan on your movie bingo card, come on down | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Also, Rupert Grint…

7 Likes

I am very interested.

Interested Look GIF by Anime Crimes Division

7 Likes

I enjoyed the last movie Shyamalan movie I saw (Old) and this looks interesting as well…

4 Likes

Bautista reminds me of that actor who was in those entertaining-action comedy flicks like Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2, Avengers Infinity War & Endgame, Army of Thieves, My Spy…etc

But I must be thinking of another dude.

8 Likes

No; you’re thinking of Fulgencio Batista.

9 Likes

Knock at the Cabin is based on Paul Tremblay’s “Cabin at the End of the World” so if there’s a twist, it’s probably not his own. Tremblay writes pretty good stuff; check out “A Head Full of Ghosts”.

5 Likes

Ha. I had a “wtf” moment reading this. Thanks for waking me up.

6 Likes

7 Likes

I’ll check this out. This also reminds me that I still haven’t seen Split.

2 Likes

“…I’m a healthcare professional. But that knowledge goes both ways…”

5 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 8.36.19 AM

4 Likes

Don’t care who’s in it; I don’t watch M Night Shyamalan films anymore.

6 Likes

What was the tipping point for you? For me it was Lady in the Water, more specifically the role he gave himself in that movie. I couldn’t any more after that.

6 Likes

It should have been the Village, as awful and unbelievable as that was. But alas, I held in there until the Happening, which was even worse, somehow.

After that, I swore to myself:

Never again.

(I heard about the Lady in the Water, but never saw it; thankfully.)

6 Likes

Maybe also, given Batista’s role in the Sergeant’s revolt:

2 Likes

Yeah, I should have been done after the Village, as well. That was such a disappointing movie. Apparently I didn’t stop after Lady in the Water. I kept watching till the Last Airbender. That was a horrible movie, but I give it a bit of a pass because it pushed me to actually watch the Avatar animated series.

4 Likes

Having seen and loved the series, I was utterly aghast when they announced who they’d selected to direct the live action film… and then when I heard that the actors were mostly White, I was all the way done.

That it bombed as badly as it did came as no surprise to me.

6 Likes

If I’d seen the show first, I would have been furious, as well. Somehow, though I managed to completely miss Avatar despite being exactly the kind of show I love. The first time I watched it was 2011, I believe.

5 Likes

That one made me mad. Not only because it wasn’t good, but I also figured it out in the first 15 or 20 minutes…
He is a good filmmaker, IMO. Just has a lot of hits and misses. I guess that applies to just about anyone. Except for Eastwood or Scorsese.

4 Likes