If you have dogs, you must pay the cheese tax

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/30/if-you-have-dogs-you-must-pay-the-cheese-tax.html

2 Likes

Yah, the cheese tax!

3 Likes

We have a cat that always takes her cheese tax… but only shredded mozzarella…

12 Likes

I’ve seen Silken Windhounds in the flesh; they are stunning! I asked “Are they miniature Borzois, or long-haired Whippets?” and the answer was “Yes and no”. They are a cross between the two, with a dash of Sheltie for robustness (the ears are a bit Sheltie-like, and not quite the “rose ear” that is desirable for the Borzois and Whippets).

As for the name; I think the person who named the breed must have read too many 1980s romances.

8 Likes

ha ha, FABIOOOOOOOO. I’ve been fascinated by Silken Windhounds ever since I found the Cleo and Abby TikTok. I’ve never seen one in real life but I would LOVE to! they’re beautiful!

7 Likes

Wait, the doggos and kittehs get the cheese tax? In our house it’s the children.
And me.

6 Likes

It’s sharp cheddar only for our cats. :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

Your kitty has good taste!

6 Likes

Cheese tax? Always a good time when doggos repay your kindness by “cutting taxes.” :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

My Apple Music profile is attached to all the household smart speakers. As a result, whenever my playlist or album has ended, said speaker will proceed to the next track it thinks I’ll want to hear, and nine out of 10 times? That’s something by “Puppy Songs.”

3 Likes

i’m not a dog owner, but even i have heard that cheese makes dogs fart. cheese tax? nope. deal with it, pups!

3 Likes

For my boy Felix it was lunchmeat. The crinkle of a pack of sliced turkey or ham would bring him running. Forget those fancy treats.

6 Likes

My dog was weird, he loved apples, licking yogurt pots clean, and lots of other stuff, but if you opened a packet of crisps, he’d arrive from anywhere in the house immediately.

8 Likes

My dog is weird like that, too! No processed meats. Cheese is hit or miss. On Sunday I tried this marmite and honey on buttered toast that @iknownuurthing and @FloridaManJefe recommend, gave a bite to my doggo, he loved it. Desperately wanted a second bite (which he got, of course). Yesterday I was eating buttered toast without honey or marmite, tried to give him the last bite, but he wouldn’t eat it. I put marmite and honey on that little bite and he scarfed it down.

I guess he’s trained me well.

4 Likes

Abby and Chloe are such beautiful creatures. Well worth the cheddar.

4 Likes

Cheese is a good delivery mechanism for dog medicine too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.