If you lose something on the NYC subway, you'll probably find it. Here's why.

Originally published at: If you lose something on the NYC subway, you'll probably find it. Here's why. | Boing Boing

3 Likes

And they haven’t come looking for it? Am disappoint.

7 Likes

15 Likes

“Hello, I’m looking for my humanity.”

3 Likes

I dropped a fancy expensive fountain pen on the tracks once… it was really one of those moments where you see life in slow motion and you go noooooooo. I asked an employee and they sent someone out who climbed down and got it for me! They were super nice

10 Likes

Maybe it belonged to @edgore?

6 Likes

Maybe…does it have a Badtz Maru luggage tag on it?

4 Likes

i was once so tired i left my backpack on the train and the train was gone before i realized what id done. talked to the person in the ticket booth, found my way to the world of lost and found, there’s my backpack no problem.

almost a fair trade for the time i got mugged while waiting for the train :person_shrugging:

9 Likes

I lost an older model iPhone that I use for my music on a Metro-North train into Grand Central that I commute on. Filled out the online form, recovered it at Metro-North’s Lost and Found room at Grand Central couple weeks later. I was super impressed.

4 Likes

I got to watch my favorite hat from McMurdo Station get swept from my head onto the CTA tracks-by the time someone could get down there it was just gone.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.