If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

images

4 Likes

This story’s on Page 1 of today’s news:

meanwhile, back on Page 15

16 Likes

Pollen, you think?

8 Likes

That could definitely be, I didn’t think of that!

2 Likes

I suppose it could just be dirt, but from the picture, it does look a bit yellowy… I don’t know how bad pollen is in your neck of the woods. It’s bad here.

4 Likes

Could also have happened just after a dust bath.

7 Likes

Those birds love their dust baths.

3 Likes

Now I just feel old. I had the TV on and just realized this song is now being used in a perfume advertisement.

We’d ride around in my Vega, listening to Alan Vega, and this was already 10 years old back then…

7 Likes

Weeks of rain here. The sun came out today and I have never before been so happy to do yard work.

8 Likes

We have a lot of Rhododendrons. It’s one of my favorite things to see them all starting to bloom in spring. Along with the general foliage coming out and the return of birds.

18 Likes

The park down the street is mostly wild pnw rainforest, with a small beaver pond (beavers moved out long ago)

I always love seeing all the green in there.

19 Likes

Speaking of beavers… While paddling on one of our local lakes, I found this outstanding beaver stick:

It’s about the thickness of a baseball bat and maybe 2m long. Completely de-barked. I’ve collected many beaver sticks; this is the best I’ve ever found.

20 Likes

BNN (Bird News Network), May 3, 2020: A wren couple are building a nest in our bathroom.

Normally I’d chase them out, but hey, nothing’s normal now. Stay tuned for wildlife photos

24 Likes

Follow The Yellow Petal Road

Or maybe not.

20 Likes

That’s going to get loud… :laughing: They’re ornery things.

14 Likes

Our bedrooms are upstairs, and hey, we’re bored. We’ll see what happens

15 Likes

Neighbour cat Spike pretending he’s not a total psychopathic bear-trap covered in fur.

21 Likes

Case in (admittedly fairly extreme point):

This man is a real lawyer.

11 Likes

The experiment is over. The wrens decided to seek lodgings elsewhere. In retrospect, I’m glad they moved on. Here’s their nest:

24 Likes

Just waiting till you drop your guard.

11 Likes